VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, after no luck with VW regarding the specification of the dynaudio equipped Tigaun I started browsing some german websites, translatted thenbrowsed some more, this is what I found

The Volkswagen Tiguan continues the Wolfsburger CSU pursuing history and impresses with sovereigns handling characteristics and authentic sound quality.

After the successful VOLKSWAGEN Touareg is the new Tiguan a more compact symbiosis from family cars and sporty SUV - and already became before the introduction on the market winner of the golden steering wheel 2007. The modern and sportive Design finds a suitable continuation in the high-quality interior equipment.

When desired also the dynamic and thus the charm of the car suitable Dynaudio sound system belongs to: Eight loudspeakers and over 300 Watts digital verstaerkerleistung provide for the authentic sound on the road and in the area.

Those in each case four Hochtoener and Tieftoener were adapted already during the development of the vehicle consistently to the acoustic conditions and guarantee so the typical Dynaudio sound quality.

Music experience again - immediately also in the Volkswagen Tiguan.

Hochtoener and Tieftoener are the speakers, need to do some more research and I will update this thread. If anyone else finds further detail please update this thread.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I'd post this in from Sue's response.

With its agile, dynamic handling the Volkswagen Tiguan is as comfortable on city streets as it is on rocky tracks. The Tiguan continues the company?s SUV success story and impresses with both its driving performance and the authentic sound quality.

The high quality look and feel continues inside and can further be upgraded with state-of-the-art in car entertainment: The optional Dynaudio sound system provides eight Dynaudio loudspeakers, digital signal processing (DSP) and 300 watts digital amplification.

Designed specifically for the Tiguan and tailored to the acoustics of interior, the front features two large bass/midrange drivers and two high frequency soft dome tweeters, while two additional but smaller bass/midrange drivers and two soft dome tweeters guarantee the legendary Dynaudio sound quality on every passenger seat.

A new level of in car entertainment ? better than every sound system available on the market of compact SUVs.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
36 Posts
If anyone could detail your experiences with Dynaudio would be very much appreciated as I had ordered mine with this

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone could detail your experiences with Dynaudio would be very much appreciated as I had ordered mine with this
Now that I've had time with the car and the speakers have settled in I think it's great. Certainly the best option you could buy for the Tiguan. Bass increases with use but if you rip Cd to MP3 make sure you do it at its highest bit rate to fully make use of the AMP/Speakers. BTW, you can really crank up the volume with no distortion

Des

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my new Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TFSI with RADIO 510 + DYNAUDIO packet.
Now is here and I am very dissapointed.
Sound of Dynaudio system is bad:
-no deep bass (I must have bass corections on radio to max)
-all tunes in midrange are mixed and not clear
-space of reproduction area is horrible
-sound of source Radio, CD and MP3 every is not perfect (better is CD).
-on low volume is almost like from telephone
It is my opinion.
I had system in my old car better ? separated instruments, bass, space - all good.
(Alpine Receiver + Alpine repros) .

Sorry for so hard words, but I was looking forward to better music.
Maybe is not well done only Tiguan, other cars I didnt hear.

BUT THERE IS A NEXT PROBLEM.
Is not easy to replace Dynaudio parts by other components.
AMP communicates by CAN.
Repros dont have crossovers - it is by DSP on Amplifter.

So what now ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are used to Alpine units, separate AMPs and component speakers/sub then you are probably expecting too much from the Dynaudio setup. I am more than happy with mine and as you are aware speakers do take time to settle in. If you are lacking BASS then you could always bolster the sound by adding an active sub rather than ripping out the whole system?

Des

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
5erge said:
If you are used to Alpine units, separate AMPs and component speakers/sub then you are probably expecting too much from the Dynaudio setup. I am more than happy with mine and as you are aware speakers do take time to settle in. If you are lacking BASS then you could always bolster the sound by adding an active sub rather than ripping out the whole system?

Des
I'm with you AND I've only got the standard RCD510. I can't believe that the bass isn't enough unless there's a fault somewhere ?? Even in my standard unit if you put it on full base and turn the volume to even half way it darn near rattles your fillings out ?? Could it be that there's something actually "wrong" with these units ??

Cheers

·
Registered
405 Posts
NZTIGUAN said:
5erge said:

Des
I'm with you AND I've only got the standard RCD510. I can't believe that the bass isn't enough unless there's a fault somewhere ?? Even in my standard unit if you put it on full base and turn the volume to even half way it darn near rattles your fillings out ?? Could it be that there's something actually "wrong" with these units ??

Cheers
I third that ..............I have the RCD 500, and bass and especially the volume level is much more than I would ever need. I think if I turned it up more than 35% it would make me go deaf!!

I notice you get better bass response and surround effect when the fader is tilted a little biased to the rear.

But it is a powerful system, actually wish that I could set it to start up on a softer setting than it does.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Rocc said:
But it is a powerful system, actually wish that I could set it to start up on a softer setting than it does.
I assume the 500 is different somehow to the 510 but have you tried to see if there's a start up volume menu somewhere ? In the 510 you can set the startup volume, the amount it quietens for the reversing sensors, the amount it increases in volume for the speed (faster you go the louder it gets). You sure that doesn't exist on yours ??

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have the DynoAudio system w/ my 09 tig SEL w/ Premium 7 unit. I am not impressed at all w/ the sound. Lacks deep base and refinement. I really have to "dial -in" the Bass and Treble" knobs to get a decent blend. It's ok, but to me, it does not stand out above the base sound system by much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dunno, mine sounds amazing. Came standard with my SEL with nav. Maybe some of you need to check the radio configurations with vagcom?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts