VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a VW tiguan 2011 and having an issue with it
-Drivers rear door does not lock. Drivers rear window won't work from Drivers front window switch but works from Drivers rear window switch.
When opening the Drivers rear door the instrument cluster does not show that the door has been opened.
Plugged vehicle in and have code for drivers rear door control module also not doesnt seem to be seing the control units for drivers front and drivers rear door control unit.
All wiring has been checked in door but no visible cuts in Wiring.
Replaced drivers rear door control module but fault still persists.
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Common issue with vws is the door modules failing. But since it persists with a replacement the failure is in the door loom in the rubber boot. They flex and fail.

also one post is enough no need to post 3 times in separate sections. Tricky our Admin will lock all but this one.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
You don't mention the most obvious, fuses. Fuse allocation in the Tigs is a big mystery, they don't like to publish fuse allocations, but it does sound suspicious. Can you check if power is getting to the control module? Where did you source the new module?

Also, at one stage they switched from independent rear modules to them being slaves off the front module. It's a possibility the drivers door module is the culprit.

P. S. Deleted the duplicate threads, a recipe for confusion on which answer was on which thread...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fuses have been checked. Getting a feed to the rear door control module and also it is a second hand control module. The next step I was going to take was to replace the drivers front door control module being that the rears are slaves.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Also when you lock the door how many flashes before it goes solid of the led? If it’s not going solid it thinks the door is locked. I have fought this same issue for 5 years. Oddly if i cycle the child lock on the door edge the problem can go away for days to months.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Light should flash 6 times fast before going to a slow pulse. If its flashing only once then going solid and stays solid the problem is in the BCM control. Best bet is to get vcds on the job and pull the code.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
Iggy, morrik, are you guys talking about the same light.? I think morrik means the car flashers flash once, iggy's referring to the little light on top the door card that shows the cars lock and alarm status.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
So its getting thru the entire arming procedure before it senses the fault. Id definitely get a scan done before taking the front door completely apart and tossing a master on it. Something tells me it’s something a miss in the controller in the BCM but a scan will reveal which one is not talking. The both front door modules could cause a rear on the opposite side not to function and ive seen a faulty door lock switch do it but if I remember right you dont have the independent lock button on the rear doors there correct?

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts