VW Tiguan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we have been frustrated by delays on certain Tiguan models I contacted VW UK and carried out my own research.

A few weeks down the line and the official word on build/delivery delays is down to the amount of orders VW took, basically they under estimated the public response and cannot cope with the orders.

We are aware that all cars ordered with a manual gerabox (S, SE, and Escape) are fine and that the delays affect Sport and all automatic models across the range. There are claims that problems exist with the automatic gearbox, however, they cannot be substantiated and I don't know where (some) dealers are getting this information. VW UK are not aware of problems with the automatic gearbox and this is the case with most reputable dealers I have been talking to.

Bottom line is the cars are coming through, slowly but surely, I often see VW transporters driving up and down the M4 loaded with Tiguans so I think we should be patient, build a good relationship with your dealer (as I have) and wait for the car you really want.

If you have any questions please mail me directly or add comments to the following thread - http://www.mytiguan.com/let-us-find-out-once-and-for-all-t5109.html

01/06/08 - We have no further information on these delays and no further information from VW, so this original post and explanation still stands. The only update I can add is that if you experience delays you are entitled to a loan car at VW's expense after a certain delivery time period has elapsed. Some say 16 weeks some say 20 weeks. The car should be equivilent to the one your are part exchanging.

I will update this thread if there is further development.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
862 Posts
Excellent news. Thanks for your efforts

·
Registered
862 Posts
just been on to my dealer as mine was due to be built last week...he's confirmed it's buit and awaiting shipment

Should be "a couple of weeks" before I get my hands on it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Interestingly enough, another informed (but necessarily anonymous
) source has mentioned that the Tiguan Auto delays were due to a part shortage. The source believed it was a 'gearbox' component - didn't know which part or what the shortage was down too but it was interesting to hear this info.

Can't help those who are waiting for an auto and if true, why not say so? Unless it impacts on any contractual obligations!

·
Registered
82 Posts
just heard from my dealer...
"its bad news" he said

turns out that my tig auto sport will not be delivered until NEXT YEAR!

I ordered early march.
he did say however that:
1. my trade in price would be preserved.
2. vw would offer some free 'vw accessories' (thats a lot of vw screen wash to make up for this!!!!)

has anytone else had such "bad news"?

how do i organise the free loan car that others have talked about?
or would anyone recomend a 2nd hand Toureg instead of a Tig?

a sad pete

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Pete

Be PATIENT it is definetly worth the wait. Picked mine up today and it is beter than i remembered during the test drive.

Edd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Phoned my dealer in Norway today and suprise, suprise, he had a confirmed build week of 27. Ordered the car February 4th and has, as all of you, been told little underway. The dealer has at one time indicated these delays was due heavy demand combined with prioritising the US market.

But he also told me that a lot of cars suddenly got a confirmed build week. Pehaps prioritising Europe since currencies are as they are? And the problems has been also with manual gear boxes.

So far 1127 Tiguans has been imported to Norway since Jan and through May.

And i look forward getting the Tiguan sometime in August.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Siggy!

Which dealer do you uoe in Norway? I ordered mine from Moeller in Stavanger in week 3(january 2008). Sport and style, manuall shift. They still can't say anything about confirmed production week. Early in may they said it was due for production in week 26, with delivery in week 30. This was never confirmed. So you'll get yours before I get mine, even though I ordered mine first. Lucky you. What model did you buy, and what did you put on as extras?

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered Sport&Style Feb 4th from M?ller, Stavanger. This with manual transmission, Navgiation., xenon light, bluetooth, park assist, rain sensor, extra storage rooms, tow bar, park assist and multi function wheel.

I also got a week 26 possible production which then awas moved to week 31 and then a confirmed week 27 production which is this week
Why these changes and what govern these I do not know.

Sigbj?rn

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a ridiculous build date delay. Original build week 26, not moved to week 52. What the hell is wrong with VW (Australia)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My salesman has just called me and told me he found a Tig which has a confirmed build week 35. Hopefully its not gonna change again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mines on the boat on it's way over as we speak! Hopefully a ship full will be on it's way!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey... I also got a call from dealer, apparently mine is on its way over and i will be told when it lands in the UK. I ordered end of March.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this dealer is selling a used auto with panoramic roof leather parking sensors for 4k over new price

black 2. tdi auto
parking sensors
leather
panoramic roof
3000 on the clock ?29,995

heritage of westbury
tel 01373 855855

·
Registered
92 Posts
Its only got the Dynoaudio missing from the same spec as mine and my order is nowhere near 4k under that price...

·
Registered
164 Posts
ordered a white tdi sport 170 ps -few extras and planned for delivery in feb 2009 -no problem-suited my finances
as well. got a call that car ready week 41 (end of oct) -suprised but cud still handle it,then told week 48-no problem
..then got a call yesterday that car will built week 31.. ok so my dealer is a german national and real go getter
but i get the feeling that a lot of people in europe and the u.s dont like long waits which most brits are used to.
so models become avail as they become impatient cancel orders and get something else instead or maybe vw have reacted on the outsource issue and got production ramped up

we shall see what happens..

order: white tdi sport & style,boston wheels,xenon headlights,winter pack,interior storage pack,coming home pack,rcd510
park assist,off orad pack,eng protection,free rear boot mat and carpets,a small bottle of champagne and visit to the autostadt

·
Registered
44 Posts
mars4lux said:
ordered a white tdi sport 170 ps -few extras and planned for delivery in feb 2009 -no problem-suited my finances
as well. got a call that car ready week 41 (end of oct) -suprised but cud still handle it,then told week 48-no problem
..then got a call yesterday that car will built week 31.. ok so my dealer is a german national and real go getter
but i get the feeling that a lot of people in europe and the u.s dont like long waits which most brits are used to.
so models become avail as they become impatient cancel orders and get something else instead or maybe vw have reacted on the outsource issue and got production ramped up

we shall see what happens..

order: white tdi sport & style,boston wheels,xenon headlights,winter pack,interior storage pack,coming home pack,rcd510
park assist,off orad pack,eng protection,free rear boot mat and carpets,a small bottle of champagne and visit to the autostadt
My Tig's original build week was 26 then moved to week 52 because all Australian production allocation from week 25 to 35 has been given to Europe to meet the demands there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aaaaargh. Just had a call from my vw dealership. Supposedly last week my car was in transit. Now it turns out it has been built, but is not in transit. Instead he said that there was a hail storm (the one that was recently mentioned on the forum recently http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7477849.stm) and now my Tiguan will be delayed for 7 weeks while they figure out if it was damaged or not. When I pointed out that the article said it was mostly Passats at the Emden plant which is 320km from the Wolfsburg plant where the Tiguans are made he had no answer. He just said... sorry he only got the communications today. Has ANYONE else had the same conversation. Sounds like they are stalling as my Tig has been delayed again. Sounds like I am being fed a fat one!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car was built 3 weeks ago and is here. (though not delivered). The dealer mentioned the storms and that we had been lucky as he was having make a lot of people unhappy telling them their car was damaged. I mentioned that I thought it was just passats, but he 'said' it had affected lots of models.

so 'may be' true

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.