VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As alot of you are probably already aware (if you have ordered the Tig) or have read any of the forums, we are looking at delays from 12-18, and I have even heard of 20+ weeks. Obviously a long amount of time to wait for a new vehicle. However, this problem is not endemic to just the UK. Browsing forums on the rest of the continent:

Max delay 40 weeks weeks (Nov 07 order, delivery date Aug 08)
Avg 18-25 weeks
Min 12 weeks

Belgium
No more deliveries in 2008 according to one post (which I question)
Avg - 18 weeks +

So it seems that we are in the same boat as everyone else. Everyone else also cannot figure out why its taking so long to produce the vehicles. This is the only article on the net that alludes to delays in manufacturing for the Tiguan in Europe....

http://news.windingroad.com/trends/...e-golf-scirocco-headed-back-to-drawing-board/

On another note, there have been a few minor recalls on the Tig for the following (the seem pretty minor):

* Sun roof electrics
* Pump electric behind radiator
* Airbag automatically de-activated

Heres wishing for a faster production time!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
though seemingly related, that article seems to be dated the 13th February 2007 - unless that date is not related to the content

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um.... I think if you delay production for 1 year you probably going to get delays the following year while you catch up and build up stock? I think VW possibly jumped the gun as the Tig was reported in 2007 to be released mid 2008, but they released Oct/Nov in Europe and early this year in the UK. Seems to make sense that they dont have stock and with orders rolling in, we can see the backlog. The date of the article is correct as its also reported by reuters at the same time. Just trying to figure out why the massive delays. Its either that or, they have serious production line issues OR they have the worlds worst production line, even Tata can push out a car in a few days!

·
Registered
25 Posts
A freind of mine visited the VW factory in Wolfsburg and he has told me that VW are not making a large pool of Tigs. They are only building to order and that could be the reason for long delays.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
199 Posts
OktaneZA said:
Thanks for the update. I found a whole load of pictures of the build of the Tiguan here:

http://www.jamd.com/search?text=volkswagen%20tiguan

It turns out a subsidary of VW builds the Tiguan & Touran. A company call Auto 500 GmBH. Just looking at the pictures, it seems there are alot of manual steps in the build process. It does look quite pretty though.

The website of the co is:

http://www.auto500.de
Nice find that

·
Registered
25 Posts

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!

Just had email from dealer, my week 12 Tigi has now gone to week 28.
No explanation, no apology, no nothing. Just a simple it is now week 28.
What on earth are Volkswagen playing at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
rachel said:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!

Just had email from dealer, my week 12 Tigi has now gone to week 28.
No explanation, no apology, no nothing. Just a simple it is now week 28.
What on earth are Volkswagen playing at?
Who knows! I dont think they do sometimes?
They are far to big & important company to be telling you Why you`re just the person who buys there cars.The way I`m felling right now about waiting is that if they tell me they`ve put back my Tig anymore then can keep it!
Is that a confrimed date or is it going to change near week 28.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear about more delays people, When exactly is week 28 if thats not too stupid a question. Oh I still cant get a date out of my dealer (ordered on dec 29).

·
Registered
862 Posts
Digger65 said:
Oh I still cant get a date out of my dealer (ordered on dec 29).
Can't you quote some of us on here with definite build dates for later orders and take it up with the dealer principal?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,
Week 28 is w/c 7th July.
Spoke at length to dealer yesterday, he does not know what is causing all the delays but he has asked the VW area manager to have a look into the situation. He also thinks that the system is throwing up random dates and that my Tig should be here before the predicted week 28. Heres hoping!!

They seem to be panicking about having to stand by their px valuation of my Golf Gti for an extra 4/5 months!

Will pass on any info if and when I receive any news

·
Registered
862 Posts
rachel said:
... He also thinks that the system is throwing up random dates and that my Tig should be here before the predicted week 28...They seem to be panicking about having to stand by their px valuation of my Golf Gti for an extra 4/5 months!
Hope it is good news for you. At least you are able to get some information about what enquiries they are making. On the PX front, i can understand that...my dealer is declaing that they will stand by their PX and "take the hit" themselves. Martyrs? No, I'm sure they'll still make a profit

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tarang said:
Ordered my Tiguan Sport last Saturday, will be delivered in July!
You may want to check my recent post. Do you have a build date?

Des

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cannot believe it, just spoken to my dealer, my build date has been put back from week 22 to week 30 - I'm *!!?ing fuming!!!
Why I asked - the answer - we have no idea!

Only positive point, he confirmed that they would stand by the px deal also will pay for the m.o.t that my Audi now requires!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quick build time!

Spoke to my dealer at the end of last week, he looked in system and said mine had a confirmed build date of week 19. Pretty amazing concidering it was only ordered on 9 April. He was surprised, as they have one on order for another customer which still does not have a build date. He suspects there was an unasigned Escape in the system and that the spec has been revised to my order.

I will keep you all informed.

Keith

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gone from a week 21 build date to a week 26!! Cheers VW! Hopefully I will benefit from the '16 week hire' situation.

No explanation.

·
Registered
199 Posts
At least you have a build date
Something I've yet to hear back on, despite ordering my car over 9 weeks ago.

Still I'll just sit and watch my current car depreciate, with the knowledge that they have fixed my px value, so, the more they delay, the more money in my pocket

Des

1 - 20 of 54 Posts