VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2022 Tiguan in Dec. '21. I suffered a cracked windshield in Feb. Since Feb, there has not been an OEM windshield available! I will not use a non-OEM version. Volkswagen Customer Care and my Dealer have offered no delivery date for a replacement. Thoughts? We all know that new Tiguans are produced daily and yet VW can offer no help!

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Been waiting 9 months for a windshield myself for the one I want anyway. The EZ Cool Ultra Pilkington. Really reduces internal temps. Has a slight copper tint to it.

Reactions: dlycan2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Tiguan in Dec. '21. I suffered a cracked windshield in Feb. Since Feb, there has not been an OEM windshield available! I will not use a non-OEM version. Volkswagen Customer Care and my Dealer have offered no delivery date for a replacement. Thoughts? We all know that new Tiguans are produced daily and yet VW can offer no help!
I am in the same boat here in Canada, they are saying 4-6 weeks but I am not optimistic!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey same thing happened to me actually I've had some small rocks hit the windshield but I have this 3 foot crack that randomly appeared with no impact points along the crack I wonder if there is something defective with the glass??

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
Cracked windshields are like tyre punctures, they happen, get over it. Your issue is the availability of OEM screens in US and Canada, that's down to the importers deciding what spares they expect to need.

I understand your frustration at the wait, VW should be ordering them as urgent, vehicle off the road. But on here and on tiguanforums.co.uk this does not come up as a regular issue.

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
56 Posts
If a stone hits a windshield and many times will leave a star-like spot. This star will have tiny legs, and these legs sometime later will cause a creak to form.

There are a limited number of companies that make windshields. The automakers buy windshields from the companies and have their logo on them, called a bug. The major windshield replacement companies buy from the same companies without the bug. Their replacements are the same quality and can be the OEM but no bug. All windshields must meet government standards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The point is along my crack there is no stone marks I have a 2022 vehicle that I cannot drive and pay high monthly payments for. Insurance cannot replace the glass as that part is unavailable from VW and any aftermarket companies. It's a safety issue to drive like this and in California it's also illegal. So maybe before you internet critics open your pie holes maybe take a second to put yourselves in our shoes. Why would someone have a news article written about it on this exact car if it wasn't something concerning several owners.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
VWDASH: I see you joined here 20 hours ago and find it appropriate to call us (I’ve been a member of this forum since it’s inception in 2008, been a moderator here for many years, owned 3 Tiguans and still come here to help people although I now drive a 2022 R-Line Golf) internet critics with unacceptably active “pie holes”. We’re not saying we don’t feel for you, these things suck, but to blame VW for a cracked windscreen is like blaming your pie maker for straining your pie hole !! You’d be better employed trying to find a source of a new windscreen so your car can get back on the road asap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts