VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & girls, I would be very grateful for your advise.

I am contemplating putting a deposit on a Tig Sport so as I can secure one before the summer. I called my local dealership to enquire as to waiting time, and they stated 14-16 weeks. They also stated that 18 of the 38 spec models have already been purchased and after that, it would not be until November they would receive the next batch! Is this true??

Another factor, I purchased a 56 plate EOS from the same dealership, and from day one have had problems, ie. replacement gearbox, springs, shock-absorbers, major problem with the folding back of the roof, rattling coming from the sunroof and god knows what other noises from the rear, as well as most recently water leaking from the a-pillars --- I'm not enjoying the car and have made this clear to the dealer. Ideally I don't want to buy another car until these issues have been resolved on the EOS, however do not want to wait until the end of the year. (Has anyone else experienced problems with their EOS? Many users on this site that have purchased a Tig seem to have EOS').

The EOS has been with the dealer for a large majority of 2007, and we have had a Polo as way or replacement (a more then adequate replacement, I think NOT).
I think what I'm trying to get at is....I don't mind buying the Tig from the same dealership as the service is amazing, however due to what has happened with the EOS, I don?t want to pay full price and feel entitled to a discount. What discounts are the dealerships entitled to? Do I have any leeway to negotiate?

People who have ordered their Tig?s, what deals have you been offered? If any? Discount, freebies? Views and advise would be welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum and thank for joining. Not an EOS owner so cant help you there, however as you said there are some here so hopefully they will try to help.

In case of discounts basically it seem as the car is so new, discounts are not forthcoming at the moment - a bit of under supply it seems

Keep us posted on your delivery date

Cheers

Kaine

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am swapping from EOS to Tiguan but I have not had many problems with my Eos apart from some battery problems - faulty battery draining Sat nav unit.

I am simply swapping due to Eos lethargy. I have to love my cars and have always been a GTi girl, but when the Eos came out, I thought it wouldbe a good idea. I have never loved it. It is now 12months old but it is going!

I think you have been quite unlucky really. I was a member of vweosclub.co.uk and very few people on there have had the number of issues you are talking about.

I ordered my Tig Sport on January 19th and still don't have a build date. My dealer said they are having a visit from a VW bigwig in the next 2 weeks and he will be asking what exactly is going on with the build hold ups. I've not heard anything about the magic 38.

Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts