have had a long think about this over the holiday. For the first time ever, I am not prepared to wait. There is still no update so I'm off to the dealer this afternoon. I want to discuss options and outright cancel may be one. Will keep you all posted.
I am going into see the sales manager on Monday, according to my salesman a new bulletin went through to the dealers yesterday apologizing for extra long production times on Sport and auto models and that Volkswagen are "doing their best" to reduce waiting times.
However, my Tigi is still showing as week 28(w/c 7th July) for build but this is still subject to change.
I have also been in contact with Volkswagen Customer Care who said that after the typical 16 week factory build time(from date of order), I will be entitled to a car from them. I am currently trying to get the dealer to put me in a demo now as I was initially told I would have my Tigi end of March/early April. My p/x is due for taxing on Monday and due for service(dealer told me not to bother with the service though) and I ordered the Tigi with the intention of not having to tax the GTi again.
Not happy with VW at moment, no reasons being given for delay other than exceptional demand for the Tiguan that they weren't expecting!!!????????
I am going in to try and get some sort of answers instead of the usual brush off over the phone. Might also have to consider cancelling Tigi if I get nowhere
Hi Rachel, have posted above about the delays - it isn't good.
But re the taxing of your car... you can claim back the extra months I think> I did this a few years ago as I traded ina car with 10mths left on its tax disc. I sent the disc off and got a refund for the 10mths. Ask your dealer if you can do this.
Although with the current news, i would expect VW to stump up for a hire car for you.
Sorry about yout Tig, hope your Gti comes through ASAP.
With regards to the tax, from the dates now being thrown at me by the dealer my Tigi won't be coming through to them until early/mid August. Have suggested to them that if this is true then they will be keeping hold of it until September so its a 58 plate rather than a late 08. By this point in time there will again be no tax!
Volkswagen need to start to sit up and listen to what we are all thinking, the lack of communication and the unexplained delays are not acceptable.