VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I have a show of hands who has ordered and been given a CONFIRMED build week? I still don't have one despite ordering in January (19th). Dealer man has no build dates for any of the Tiguans he's ordered. He's checking daily for me. He's getting quite annoyed at VW as he is getting lots of hassle from the customers

Thanks

Karen

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nope, not yet. Ordered mine on Friday 8th Feb with the expectation of a week 12 build slot, or thereabouts. I know it was submitted to the VW system that day. Print out showed "build date to be allocated" or something similar. Salesman thought confirmation would be available by Monday. He called me on Monday re my px spec and told me that he had no confirmation yet for my Tig or a 4motion Passat sale he made the same day. He was having a couple of days off, but would update me on Thursday (14th Feb) - so watch this space.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! Thanks Kaine!!! I am the author of a poll

I do get excited about the saddest things!

Karen

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oder placed on the 7th FEB build date given as the 26th of FEB ( build week 9 )

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Baux

which Manchester dealer did you use? That is pretty good and further confuses me as to why you've got a confirmed date so quickly? My dealer ordered a white one for a client in November and yesterday came up with a confirmed build of week 20

I'm now prepared for the long wait we had when we ordered the Touareg (January 10th order, May delivery!)

I wonder if it is batch orders in Models/colours/dealers or something, and not in first ordered first served

Karen

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Karen,

Only guessing, but maybe the baux's requirement matched a vehicle already on order hence available quick?

Kaine

·
Registered
862 Posts
CovRob said:
...update me on Thursday (14th Feb) - so watch this space.
No news yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

My Tig was actually ordered from Smith Knight Fay in Bolton....

Perhaps its because there are plenty of black se diesels or that the only real extra is the parkassist.

Still feels like too long.

What makes it worse is that someone who lives round the corner from me works for VW and brings home a silver Tig sport every other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH

·
Registered
862 Posts
baux said:
Perhaps its because there are plenty of black se diesels or that the only real extra is the parkassist.
That's what concerns me. Speaking to my sales guy yesterday he inferred that as sales picked up, it might be a case of buying new from dealers with what ever spec they have pre-ordered and is "in the pipeline". If, like many have illustrated here, we have quite unique specifications, then true factory orders could involve extended waits.

Interestingly, when in with the BMW dealer yesterday I was speccing up an X3, again fairly uniquely so it would have to be a factory build, he showed me on his computer one of their own orders for an X3 2.0d SE due to start build 48hrs later. He said I could have that car, fully specced to my own choice, colour, trim etc. Changes could be made right up to commencement of build and if I wanted the car, ring him with the next 48 hrs and it was mine!

I appreciate the X3 has been out some time and the demand isn't the same as the newly launched Tig, but the ability to change build spec right up to commencement on the production line, on a real time direct link between the dealer and the BMW build computer, was excellent.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that truely deserves

That is incredible service... but sounds like BMW are getting nervous about the Tiguan! They will be losing a LOT of X3 sales

Karen

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rob,

Please dont tell me you want an X3!!!! they are not even made by BMW in Germany.

Plus look at the price differance.... a full 10k before you even start.

Oh and of course you would tarnished as a BMW driver.

Im a huge VW/Audi fan (can you tell)

·
Registered
862 Posts
baux said:
Rob,

Please dont tell me you want an X3!!!!
Nope...just checked out the competition to refresh my memory and yes, the cost to change for an X3 to my spec was over ?10k compared to the ?4,800 for the Tig...no contest. I do love test driving though!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Rang my sales guy earlier today as I'd heard nothing and...still no confirmed build date
. He was most apologetic, and is waiting for my order & a Passat 4motion to be confirmed...the problem seems to be at VW's end and no communication with the dealers. He was going to try and find out again later today or tomorrow and promised to be in touch as soon as there was any news.

Anyone else had a factory build order date confirmation since we last raised this thread?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Still no confirmation of build date - I'm told the order is showing as accepted on the VW system, but no build week specified. My sales guy is frustrated...he has another passat order in the same position...and he's said that holding the quoted px price if the build date slips "is their problem, not mine". He's now optimistic of some update by the end of next week due to March's allocation becoming available, so here's hoping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
CovRob said:
Still no confirmation of build date - I'm told the order is showing as accepted on the VW system, but no build week specified. My sales guy is frustrated...he has another passat order in the same position...and he's said that holding the quoted px price if the build date slips "is their problem, not mine". He's now optimistic of some update by the end of next week due to March's allocation becoming available, so here's hoping.
Blimey..... that must be the party line, that is almost word for word what my dealer has said to me.....!!!! come on VW, lets not frustrate wanting owners before getting the car.........

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Parents have just placed an order for a Tig SE 140 TDI and they have been quoted 16 to 20 weeks for delivery. I find it very confusing why they can't give a build date, as they will know how many orders they have, where you are in the ordering process and also how many cars they can build in a day/week/month

I think a 5 month wait is quite long, I am a MINI man at heart and I only had to wait 3 months for my MINI at the height of their back ordering.

Great Forum by the way - was sent here by some dodgy friend of mine, Scottie.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. I'm only guessing but for any car it can take time to hit full production volume - combine this with the fact development of parts runs right up until the last minute before launch can result in delays.............maybe?

Kaine

1 - 20 of 78 Posts