VW Tiguan Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
In my humble opinion, a successful forum community has never been about the platform or the layout. It is about the amazing members who come together to share a common interest and along the way true friendships are developed.

I have been helping sites transition to the new forum software since May of 2019. In that time I have noticed that during the first 30 days or so, traffic tends to slow down a bit while folks adjust to the new navigation and features. Somewhere between 60 - 90 days the activity increases and the community begins to grow. Give it some time. We will get there.:)

We will be seeing regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
I’m sorry Cricket but I don’t think you have any idea of how great this forum has already become and how unhappy it’s members (some like me being here since 2008 when it started in private hands) are by the “we know what’s best for you” attitude of members of our enforced “admin support” who’s name is frankly an oxymoron !! Our admins have always done a great job (yes I include myself in their number for many years) despite this so-called support rather than because of it !! Our problems with the latest changes are not simply based on the new layout, though it does suck, but on the method and attitude of those introducing it. You’ll notice for example I still haven’t fixed my signature, I shouldn’t have to, it was important to me the way it was but totally unimportant to those who tell us how great their support is for us. You are quite correct that it’s the members who “make” a forum and the “owners” would do well to recognise that rather than spending their time explaining to us how good they’re being to us and addressing our actual issues.

·
Registered
673 Posts
And VS would make their money (sorry - grow their company) from selling posters' data and advertising which thankfully you can eliminate net-wide with the Firefox browser.

Reactions: NZTIGUAN

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
So looks like I’ve kicked the hornets nest then, I told you OD I’d be trouble lol

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roy03

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
I told you OD I’d be trouble lol

Mick

There's even a song named for you >>>

Cheers!

Garry

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
There's even a song named for you >>>

Cheers!

Garry
Fame at last thanks OD , by the way did you know footballs coming home

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
I have to be careful here Mick or else I'll be back in the dog house. My wife was born in Bari, Italy so I shall remain neutral or risk being neutered, lol.

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
I have to be careful here Mick or else I'll be back in the dog house. My wife was born in Bari, Italy so I shall remain neutral or risk being neutered, lol.
Looks like I mean Rome

·
Registered
673 Posts
To be fair to the new setup, there is one good feature - the 'NEW' button that lets you see the latest posts.

Reactions: Old Dog
41 - 49 of 49 Posts