VW Tiguan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Well well well, for one brief moment I thought I had logged into the A5 OC group then I realised I hadn't logged in at all as it wouldn't accept my log in details. After a reset of password I finally got in and guess what? it is the same as the A5 OC group. I know the old one wasn't perfect by any standards but we could navigate it easily enough. I suppose like all corporate organisations it's all about the revenue it can generate with the adds and maybe later on subscriptions who knows? So I'm not to happy as it seems I've lost an old friend and now being forced to accept a new one.

Mick

Reactions: NZTIGUAN

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Can I ask why when I enter my name on the bottom of a post all I see is 4 stars

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Ok so how do I edit my Sig in my profile then, this is getting frustrating it was so easy on the old sight

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
So I've had to change my Blo-dy name because someone thinks its Effing offensive

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Another complaint, whats happened to the todays birthdays that used to be on the right and also whats happened to who's on the forum right now which used to be on the bottom.

MICKMIKE

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,024 Posts
So I've had to change my Blo-dy name because someone thinks its Effing offensive
That shouldn't have to be, how did you find out about this?

Re birthdays, it's apparently due to data protection would you believe! As for who's on, that's just the way it works... There's so many things we as mods don't like but are stuck with, but I'd be interested in what exactly they dislike about your name.

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
I agree with tricky Mick, how did you find out? Doesn't make sense to me just like many other things on this new version.

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
What the hell, "M I C K" ended up with 4-stars!!!???

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
To see who's on now click the 3 dots top right, members. Then on that screen click members again and you should see an online members option click that then it shows who's on. Bloody stupid when it used.to be at our fingertips. As far as BDs it's BS of you don't want to have your BD info on the site don't list it. I for one will miss the BD greetings.

Reactions: mickjane2

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
One of the other forums I'm on was just flipped with little warning. And it's not a pretty sight there as well. Scanned a handful of other sites I visit as a guest and yep all are this new version. Not happy, and can understand everyone's frustrations. Seems we are powerless now.

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
What’s with all this “you’ve earned a reward for so and so” are we all children now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
What the hell, "M I C K" ended up with 4-stars!!!???
OD behave yourself or else lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok so how do I edit my Sig in my profile then, this is getting frustrating it was so easy on the old sight
How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
87 Posts
Morning Cricket,

Some of my old embedded photos using the forum's Gallery have now been wiped from posts, its like they're not linked back correctly, I think I may have been one of a select few who used this feature -vs- photobucket etc, anyway it can be corrected or should I go back through my posts and re-link the photos?

Example here, Retrofitting Electronic tyre pressure monitor - feedback

·
Administrator
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Morning Cricket,

Some of my old embedded photos using the forum's Gallery have now been wiped from posts, its like they're not linked back correctly, I think I may have been one of a select few who used this feature -vs- photobucket etc, anyway it can be corrected or should I go back through my posts and re-link the photos?

Example here, Retrofitting Electronic tyre pressure monitor - feedback
I believe we already have a ticket for this but I am double checking on it now.

- Cricket

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
I've now noticed that all the forums that I belong to now look exactly the same From The A5OC, Rods N Sods and to the EOS owners club. I suppose this is down to them being run by some large corporation now, It's a shame as I quite liked the way that these forums where run, each had its quirky layout but they seemed more personal. I don't like the distracting adverts down the side and I miss a lot of the other features that all these forums had. One draw back is that it seems that this update looks like it has put people off of using them as they all seem pretty quiet since this has happened IMHO.

MIck

·
Administrator
5,983 Posts
Mick, your sentiment is duly noted and shared by all. You observations are spot on. VerticalScope owns most of the forums out there as they have been buying them up over the years. And they are owned by Postmedia that owns pretty much half of the media in Canada at least. These guys have a two word vocabulary, "shareholder value" which pretty much sums up everything. Sadly, it's never been about us and now it's very clear for all to see.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts