VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a new head unit (Seicane 10.1 Android) to replace the factory radio of my Tiguan 2017. The Can Bus I received must have been for an older VW model as it states G-VW-RZ-58 (manufacturing date 2011). I therefore bought a replacement VW-RZ-58 (manufacturing date 2021), but the head unit still does not power on.

Can anyone list the correct CAN BUS DRIVER that will fit the decode the Tiguan 2017?

FYI: I managed to power the head unit by hot-wireing the ACC cable with the harness, but without a Can Bus Decoder I would loose all stearing wheel controls.

Thanks
Daniel

·
Administrator
3,191 Posts
You will need to find one specific for the first run
of the MQB vehicles. There are so many to list just search Amazon for one for your year. Just Remember with it bypassed you will be causing numerous errors in the Can/Lin modules. AliExpress as well is another good source of you wasn't to retain all steering controls.

Be warned Seicane Decks are also notorious for being faulty out of the box and not like to play nice with certain systems. I've installed a few in friends cars and they in my opinion are not worth what they sell for. 2 of them caused issues integrating into the cars system other just didn't want to work with tht proper harness like yours is doing.

Find the proper integration kit soon before damage to the sensitive electronics happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Iggy,

Thank you very much for getting back to me, no car installation company was able to help me here in England. I ordered a new Can Bus for the harness and had the same problem, the radio did not turn on. I had a search for MQB Can Bus for the Tiguan 2019 but did not find any items that fit the Tiguan 2019. Could you kindly share one of the items you found, you seem to have first hand experience with the head units/installation.

·
Administrator
13,362 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts