VW Tiguan Forum banner

Bumper Repair

12K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Rustynuts 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've managed to put a hole in my rear bumper. Can this be repaired and any idea as to the cost? Also how much are replacement rear bumpers for the UK Tiguan. It's not painted just black textured plastic. I've attached a pic.

Automotive tire Tire Grey Synthetic rubber Fender

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pic up a secondhand one on eBay... I would say it would be easy to swap over, but you'll need to have a reasonable amount of knowledge as the bumpers have parking sensors in them.

#3 ·
Reactions: Tiguan204M
#5 ·
Thanks RICH1986. I've had a look on eBay and can see there are quite a few rear bumpers that are reasonably priced but they are scratched and dented. There's one that may be okay but it's so dirty in the pic it's hard to tell the true condition. It's annoying because mine was mint until I punctured it!!

#7 ·
Thanks Rusty nuts. Where's the best place to buy one from other than a main dealer parts department?

#8 ·
Other than the main dealers I just checked my local body panel supplier and they don't list them I'm afraid. They're usually very good for all panels etc so I'd suggest it might be a dealer only part. If you have a local TPS then maybe you could pick one up from there, but TPS is a trade only outlet (they're VAGs own parts supply network) and you might not get any joy from them as Joe Public. My local VW dealers will generally beat any price for parts as they sponsor a local forum, but not anywhere near you I'm afraid. I'd be looking first at a smart repair type of guy and see if they can offer any sort of cheap fix. But there's no guarantee it's going to be any cheaper than a new part and fit it yourself really.

#10 ·
Thanks again Rustynuts. I'll take the car to a local repair body shop to quote first but I've a feeling the eBay option could end up being cheaper.

#13 ·
Ring up your VW local parts department, in 2011 a new one cost me 49+VAT (maybe it was a bit more, but it was certainly less than £70 (incl the VAT), which included the CNC cut out for the factory fitted towbar, I can't quite remember the procedures to change it, but it only took a few hours to change it diy

Jon

#14 ·
Ring up your VW local parts department, in 2011 a new one cost me 49+VAT (maybe it was a bit more, but it was certainly less than £70 (incl the VAT), which included the CNC cut out for the factory fitted towbar, I can't quite remember the procedures to change it, but it only took a few hours to change it diy

Jon
A DIY is in post #3. ;)

Reactions: Tiguan204M
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.