VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was ordering my Tig I did a build online using the VW (so sloooow) website. I added the bluetooth prep AND the MF Steering wheel. The printout showed the MFWheel as being a ?0 cost option when put on the car alongside the bluetooth prep.

anyway, when i got to the dealer they wanted to charge be the full price for the bluetooth prep AND MF Wheel (ie combined price of around ?600-700!!!). So i decdided that i dint need to talk to people that much and decided against it.

BUT, does anyone know which was right here? Id have taken the option for 400ish IF i got both the wheel and the prep.

Also, is this something that can be added by a dealer at a later date? I guess its just a couple of black boxes, some twiddling to the CAN bus settings and a new steering wheel.....

p

·
Registered
199 Posts
The bluetooth box can be purchased for around the 200pounds mark, I know someone that orders them in from Czech. The multifunction wheels can also be had on ebay although personally I'm waiting for the R Tiguan MF wheel to come out then I'll retrofit it.

To be honest the steering wheel on my Skoda Roomster feels 100 times better than the skinny one on the Tiguan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know if the VW Bluetooth kit can be fitted to the RCD 510 unit without the Multi function steering wheel.
I am pretty sure that the kit- VW Bluetooth interface 1Z0035729B works on the RCD 510 but not sure if you can rely on touchscreen use only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered my Tiguan with the RCD 510 and multi function steering wheel but without the bluetooth option.
Is it possible to add a bluetooth kit after I receive my car ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The steering wheel is part of the kit. Its ?450. Your dealer was wrong. I tried to add it a few weeks ago but I was to late. Picking up my tig thursday afternoon. Ordered 9th march.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts