VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
When I bought my car it had installed a Bluetooth from Parrot.

Never liked the glued display in the dash and retrofitted the VW bluetooth, that is 20 times better and integrated with steering buttons, mfd and RNS.
The Mic was in the middle of the alarm the detectors, so the head console was broken to fit this.

I never was able to find part to replace this, so I had to buy a new (used) console. The console came with the 3 buttons for bluetooth. I didn't wanted to have non working button in the car so retrofitted the cable.

1st- Buy the cable
http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-3c0035624c-info-star-spanner-button-harness-upgrade,id386.html

Bought the cable from carsystems but cable was to short. Sent an email but never received any answer, very good!!! Probably would work on a Golf or Passat but Tiguan is taller.

So had to make an extension.
bjwhl.jpg
zti8n.jpg

2nd - Connections
The button connector has 6 cables, 4 should be connected to Bluetooth connector and 2 to for illumination. For illumination I used the head console light connector, it's a 6 pin connector.
elsa2.png

2 - Connect to 28 bluetooth connector
3 - Connect to 30 bluetooth connector
4 - Connect to 31 bluetooth connector
5 - Connect to 27 bluetooth connector
m8yyh3.jpg

1 - Ilumination - pin 1 of head console light connector
6 - GND - pin 4 of head console light connector

Final result
2lo19mq.jpg

If you have RNS with voice control the star won't work, only if you have voice dial via bluetooth.
The other two are just fast dials, you can configure with VCDS and put travel assistance and emergency.

It's not an interesting retrofit but I already had the button and didn't want to see it without doing is function.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Interesting, the US version is totally different, I have the Phone Button that does the same as the PTT on the wheel, a BT button (hold for 3 seconds for BT Connect) and a call mute Button.. I wish with the 9W7 they figured how to use the status light in the middle, but no coding can change this and I have enabled BT Connect signal on the radio.. The 9W2 had green/red/orange on the button light for phone connected, or syncing, mostly beneficial for non MFD cars..But Still nice to see if your phone was hooked up by looking up..

One question is Ive seen it in adaptation where I can add an emergency number, or SOS number, but it wants in in Binary. and I have no clue how to turn a phone number into a 10 digit Binary code it wants.. Ive seen an SOS button on the Phone Screen on an RCD510 and thought for me it would be nice if I was in a wreck, i could just hit the SOS button then fart around trying to call 911 manually..

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Ill give it a try when I hook up next time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the connection the same for all modules and tools? Can I install golf and my own module with this diagram

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Honestly with the newer decks and if you have a RDC510 or RNS unit the buttons are worthless. (VW removed them in 16 I believe on US Modules, now replaced with the SoS buttos) I've never used them. Steering Wheel controls mirror them. On the older VW la with the Red dash they were used with the older staring wheels lacking the phone buttons.

But to answer your question yes it should be all the same to the buttons, but there is a few different wires if you have the 9W7 or later BT module under the seat. If you have to install all the Bluetooth stuff consider going to a MiB stereo as it's all ran from the deck and you just have to route the microphone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my module is 9W7 or above I think part code 7P6035730K radio rcd510 3 button sauce button, I got the red one my goal is the red sauce button for emergency helpintroduce key switch for roadside assistance Can I install golf and my own module with this diagram
Is the connection the same for all modules and tools? I found several types of schemes There are also 6-wire or 4-wire different 6-wire schemes attached to different pins. which is the correct scheme It should be 6 wires but when I look at it, there are 2 different schemes for tiguan connected to different pins. one is this and the other is elsa I will install for Golf 6 but from which scheme should I go

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Onoff or N4s are the experts here on this kind of stuff. Being this thread is over 4 years old, might have to make N4s think a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts