VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the online brokers has appeared to have come up trumps with a nice discount on a TDi 170 sport, so we're off to meet the dealer this weekend to have a test drive in the TDi 140 sport, and hopefully sign on the dotted line for delivery Aug (maybe Sept - 58 plate depending on production times).

We'll probably go for black leather, but the better half is tempted by the white (beige corksilk) as she feelts that the interior may be a bit dark?, what are peoples opinions, is the white very white or more beige?, or should we play it safe with black

Thanks in advance
Jon

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Jon,

What colour Tig are you going for? Normally I tend to choose interiors based on the exterior colour with residuals in mind

Kaine

·
Registered
199 Posts
I owned a Golf with beige leather seats and they looked great, however after you have pilled a few miles on the clock they start to show the creases and get grubby quick quickly, nothing a good clean won't sort out though.

Black leather obviously won't show up any marks or cracking of the leather as much but then doesn't look as good as the whole of the interior seats, lower dash, centre console door trim are all black so can feel quite somber.

Looking back at my response I'm not sure if I've been any help or not!

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the input so far!

Forgot to mention the we're probably going for black,

Other things to note are that like out other car (old puma), we buy a car new and drive it into the ground, i.e 20k / year, which normally lasts 10 years!, hence we?re planning cruise control & panoramic sunroof, dual control air con ? towbar will follow later when needed.

Thus things like timing belt (anyone know when to change?), estimated clutch life (I did meet a taxi driver driving me to the airport with a Skoda estate (now sure what it was, but quite new (54/55 plate) with over 200K on clock still on 1st clutch)) are also useful parameters

Jon

·
Registered
93 Posts
The cornsilk looks AMAZING in a black car, but i agree with Des that it would get grubby pretty quickly. Especially if you have kids and wear jeans all the time, which is why i changed from cornsilk to the black leather in our Tig. Having said that the black interior does make it dark and BORING, so if you can make the effort in keeping the seats clean then go for the Cornsilk, if not stick with the Black and spend the extra time driving the Tig.

Hope This Helps

Regards
Edd

Ps Someone has posted pictures of the Cornsilk interior of the Tig in this fourm somewhere (something to do with the interior shot of the sunroof) this may push you towards the Cornsilk leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts