VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, before i ask my question , congratulations on a great forum, it has helped me make my buying decision alot more easier
I ordered my wife a Tiguan 2.0 Tdi Sport on March 19 got a call from my dealer yesterday (monday) to say comfirmed build date week 18, april 28.Should get the car at the end of May at the latest but reckons it will be mid May
Our problem is does anyone know the best isofix car seat to buy for the car nobody in shops can help without trying it out on the car itself .

·
Registered
19 Posts
edd said:
Hi everyone, before i ask my question , congratulations on a great forum, it has helped me make my buying decision alot more easier
I ordered my wife a Tiguan 2.0 Tdi Sport on March 19 got a call from my dealer yesterday (monday) to say comfirmed build date week 18, april 28.Should get the car at the end of May at the latest but reckons it will be mid May
Our problem is does anyone know the best isofix car seat to buy for the car nobody in shops can help without trying it out on the car itself .
Hi I`ve had a lots of different Vw & audi cars & each time If you child is from 3/12 years I`ve used Jane Indy car seats with isofix.
They come in loads of colours & are adjustable on the sides to stop any side to side movement of you child they also detach to be a booster seat.
Check out ebay 150234119583.or they are on the web.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huds said:
edd said:
Hi I`ve had a lots of different Vw & audi cars & each time If you child is from 3/12 years I`ve used Jane Indy car seats with isofix.
They come in loads of colours & are adjustable on the sides to stop any side to side movement of you child they also detach to be a booster seat.
Check out ebay 150234119583.or they are on the web.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick reply.
i'm looking for a group 1 seat for my 9mth old daughter, who is quickly growing out of her car seat and we need to replace it before our Tig arrives.

Don't want to buy one then find out it want fit new car. currently driving Golf mark 4 so if it fits the Golf would it be wrong to presume that it would fit the Tig?

CHEERS FOR THE HELP!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have always used maxi-cosi as they perform very well in tests. I would not want to compromise on the safety of my family and if you buy from e-bay make sure the seat is newa d not used. You never know if the seat has been involved in an accident. The Tiguan has isofix mountings as well as a top tether, however, I always find the seatbelt method, when setup correctly is rock solid.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi edd,

Welcome to the forum - just moved your post over to the General Discussion area in case others miss it

Cheers

Kaine

·
Registered
10 Posts
i too am looking for a car seat that fits
no joy on any sites.
are you sure the Tiguan has a top tether?
i nipped into my dealer on sat to find this out, they didn't know, and on looking at the rear seat, i couldn't see one.
if it does, it will make life easier finding a seat!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm currently using a babyseat for my little lad (coming up to 6 months) fitted by the seatbelt in the Touareg. I've seen the isofix loops in the back of the base of the seat...I thought they were the total fixing points. I would also assume the Tig is the same set-up.

I'll take an interest in this discussion as it won't be long before we need to move up a seat category.

·
Registered
862 Posts
soupdragon said:
are you sure the Tiguan has a top tether?
I've just been on the Britax site and they show 2 seats in the 9 month/9Kg plus (group 1) category as suitable for the Tiguan. One has a top tether arrangement, the other has a leg prop system...so it seems either will do.

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php and go to the fit-finder link.

The two Britax seats suggested are
(i) the Duo Plus ISOFIX at around ?160 plus the tether strap (?12-?13?)
(ii) the Explora ISOFIX Ultra at aroung the ?200 - ?210 mark.

If you forget the ISOFIX - I like the look of this one with a novel swivelling seat to avoid twisting while you load little one in the car: http://www.bebeconfort.com/collection-2008/UKonly/voiture_axiss.htm - best price ?160 incl delivery http://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/bebeconfort-2007/axiss.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone

Went to look at baby seats today and came across a Mamas & Papas shop they had a couple of seats that maybe of interest to those looking for one.

After speaking to the sales person she recomened 2 to us,

1 Mamas &Papas Pro Tec (?130)

2 Mamas &Papas Pro Tec isofix (?230)

After a demo fitting (to the shops mock car seat) i was impressed by both of them, both were rock solid. To be honest i couldn't tell the difference between the two.

I then asked her if it would fit the Tiguan, in which she replied that she didn't know
and that i would need to bring the car in. Back to square one.

Anyway think we will just have to wait until the car comes and if it fits will most likely to go for the Mamas & Papas, isofix or non-isofix still unsure.

Will keep you updated when car arrives.

Edd

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Everyone

Picked up the Tig Yesterday and went straight to the baby shop to buy car seat for my daughter. after looking at a couple of seats we decided to go for the Mamas & Papas Pro Tech Isofix whch was on special offer at THE GLASGOW PRAM CENTRE for only ?149.99. the seat itself is soild in the car, it also is quite narrow which means it does not steal space from the other seats. The seat also tilts so the baby has a better sleeping position and as a bonus it also fits our second car (BMW E90) .Fitting is also very simple as the seats come with two plastic isofix guides that you prefit to the fixing points in the car so all you have to do is click it in it also has a leg to keep the seat stable and the length of it is perfect for the Tig.

Hope this helps i have also posted some photos of the seat in my photo gallery for those intrested.

Regards

Edd

·
Registered
4 Posts
We were in a similar position, one of the reasons we went for the Tiguan was as a family car for our new baby daughter, what seemed like a simple choice turned out to be a minefield. Our local council (Bromley) offers a baby seat advisory service and they brought up an interesting point.

Initially we were quite keen on isofix as it looked so convenient however the advisor pointed out that for a new baby, its neck must to be at no more than 45 degrees, any more than that and its head will fall forward. They tried fitting a number of isofix units but due to the well padded nature of the back seats, once the isofix base and rear facing seat were installed, the baby's neck would be at the wrong angle. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem since the car manufacturers install isofix mountings because they are required to by law but tend not to speak to the seat manufacturers! He spoke to VW who told him that at present they could not recommend a specific isofix combo for the Tiguan as it was still so new and as yet they had no official test results! Edit: This shouldn't be an issue once the child is over a year old and is out of the rear facing seat so we should be able to use the isofix anchorages for the next one.

End result we bought a Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix attached using the belts only (with a rubber mat to protect the seat) from Mothercare. Apparently another large chain (not mentioning any names) has been investigated by Trading Standards for giving poor seat fitting advice.

The seat belt system we have found is nowhere near as messy as it first looked

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nick762 said:
End result we bought a Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix attached using the belts only (with a rubber mat to protect the seat) from Mothercare. Apparently another large chain (not mentioning any names) has been investigated by Trading Standards for giving poor seat fitting advice.

The seat belt system we have found is nowhere near as messy as it first looked
This is the seat we currently have, likewise we also have a protection mat, which has paid for itself on a number of occasions

Des

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have just purchased 2 Jane Indy Team Plus isofix car seats. My Kids are 4 1/2 & 3. Got them from groovystyle.co.uk
?109.51 each & are a perfect fit in the Tig

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi. My Tig is ready and waiting to be shipped, has been for a few weeks. now expected mid not early october... sigh

on the baby seats issue, we bought maxicosi priorifix, i must admit i'd presumed that the tig would feature on their fitting list imminently. bad news though, neither maxicosi nor vw can comment, all maxicosi will say is it either doesn't fit or they haven't tested yet. oh well, we haven't removed the tags on the seat, so will maybe have to swap. if anyone has any info on this particular seat and it's compatibility i'd be grateful to hear..?

also, i just wanted to say, that if you google the bobsy (vw) group 0+ seat, it gets slated safety wise. apparently the neck supports and side supports are extremely lacking and wouldn't do an 18month old any good or help much in the awful event of an accident. am somewhat appalled that vw chose to tell me that they only recommend their seats for use in their cars - i told them it was more appropriate they recall and rethink their seat as it's ncap is so grim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts