VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Tiguan has 135/80K Km/Mi, but from what I’m reading you never need to change or measure oil levels in the gearbox or the 4motion system.

This does not sound correct.

Is this something the dealership would do if I asked them or should I take it into an independent service?

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Haldex is every 20k miles filter every 40, transmission is 50k, front and rear differentials are every 40k

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So I just called the dealership and found out they scheduled my car in for this service except for the transmission which they only change in case there are any issues.

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
That's how most dealers are lifetime fill on the transmission. I just did my own service, built my own tool to fill. It's time consuming. But if your transmission is not slipping or mis shifting don't worry too much about it. Many indie shops don't have the tool as well to fill it as it's filled from the drain plug.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's how most dealers are lifetime fill on the transmission. I just did my own service, built my own tool to fill. It's time consuming. But if your transmission is not slipping or mis shifting don't worry too much about it. Many indie shops don't have the tool as well to fill it as it's filled from the drain plug.
Thank you!

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
75w/90 is what you want to use. Front is a bit under 1L rear is a bit over 1L I bought a special syringe that worked wonders for filling. Used Liquid Moly diff fluid.

Reactions: Ianator157

·
Registered
758 Posts
What gear oil should be used for from and back differentials?
You will probably find out that the front diff oil is much darker than the rear diff - this is due to the heat coming from the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts