1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Odd they use an Escape for comparison and downrate the modified front but don't refer to the better off-road capabilities at all. They also don't mention that you can't get a CR-V diesel with auto.

A bit confused over the reported mpg though - in this review they have 29.5 mpg but in a previous review of the S they get 39.2.

EDIT: (after engaging brain) The VW bumpf gives MPG figures of Urban 29, Extra-Urban 37.7 and mixed of 44. This compares with a CR-V mixed MPG of 44. This suggests an explanation for the two different Tig numbers in the AutoExpress reviews but also indicates there is no real difference as far as the mixed number anyway. This also suggests why some Tig drivers are seeing an unexpectedly low mpg - if they are doing predominantly urban driving.

I wonder if the Auto Express comparitive review was done by a CR-V owner

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello All.
After spending a fair bit of time in a new CRV, and a Rav4, I have to say that the interior finish of the Tiguan is on another level to the Swindon and Toyota offerings.
After almost 7 years of owning Honda's (HRV & Swindon Civic) I have defected to VW. Build quality was high on the list of reasons after my 3 year old Civic spent the last 9 months of ownership falling apart.

I can't vouch for the Vauxhall, but can't believe that it'll be better than the Wolfsberg.
The Tiguan may be a little more expensive spec for spec, but it is infinitely better put together. In fact, IMHO, it is on a par with the X3....

Best regards,
Where's My Mac?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Before ordering my Tig I test drove the CRV and Tig back to back the same day. My opinion then and still the same now, no contest. The Tig wins by a mile. Better build, better drive, better feel, better everything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tig170 said:
Before ordering my Tig I test drove the CRV and Tig back to back the same day. My opinion then and still the same now, no contest. The Tig wins by a mile. Better build, better drive, better feel, better everything.
Hi Tig170.
I see that your location is Worcester. Have you ordered your Tiguan from Listers?

Best regards,
Where's My Mac?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I've had my Tig since October 2008. I got it from Cheltenham Volkswagen as they were prepared to order a 170 PS when I ordered in April 2008. At this time the 170 PS engine was not due out until around June. Listers were not very helpful and were trying to sell me a 140 PS automatic. Cheltenham Volkswagen also gave me a guaranteed and better part exchange price for trading in my Golf even with a long waiting time. I must add however, that I had two Golfs from Listers in Worcester and had good service each time but as you know good salesmen move on and my previous contact was not around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts