VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080419.001 ... tos-leaked

myaudiq5.com discussion thread - http://www.myaudiq5.com/audi-q5-officia ... ed-t9.html

Typically with most new car model leaks, the photos come first, and the information follows later. This one is no different as 11 low resolution images have just hit the web in the wake of yesterday's spy photos of the Q5 wearing little camouflage.

Looking like a smaller version of the Q7, the Q5 seems to have all of the design qualities of the Q7 but in a tighter, cuter package. However, the features which stand out the most are the headlamps with integrated LED day time driving lights and rear lamps. Despite it's ?lower? position in the range, the Q5 maintains its premium ideals with an interior (judging by these photos) which shows no signs of diminished fit or finish.

The Q5 will make its public debut tomorrow Saturday, April 19 at 2 p.m. (CET), at the New Poly Plaza in Beijing. We hope to publish initial details and larger photos soon afterwards. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, I've learnt recently that the Q5 isn't sharing the same platform as the Tiguan which suprised me - it shares the new A4/A5 platform

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now that is LOVELY!

Wonder how quickly they can deliver? Suspect Audi will be more in tune with the orders than VW have been. Will be visting the dealer to have a closer look when they get one!

Karen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gee apart from a few comestic items...I guess the price and the Audi badge are the only discerning differences. I'm sure all the Audi Boffins will correct me on this, but the similarites with the Tiguan is uncanny.

cheers
karl

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Q5 has a 20cm longer wheel base (Tig is 2.6m, Q5 2.8m ) it is longer by the same amount(4.43 to 4.63m).

The Tiguan is more like a Q3!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kaine, Im really liking that , any idea on price and when they go on sale here. Im thinking it might be sooner than the tiguan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nigel said:
The Q5 has a 20cm longer wheel base (Tig is 2.6m, Q5 2.8m ) it is longer by the same amount(4.43 to 4.63m).

The Tiguan is more like a Q3!
Thanks for the corection...but think the Q3 is closer to a Qashqai

1 - 12 of 12 Posts