VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I've had my 2.0 Tiguan since May this year. It's a July 2012 model, and had just over 13k miles when we got it.

I've noticed over the last week that there is noise coming from the lower rear of the engine, I can hear it by listening in through the wheel arch. Having read up a few other posts about this, I think it could be the Dual Mass Flywheel. It's a sort of ticking noise, and it gets quieter when the clutch is pressed, and there is a slight vibration through the pedal.

I'm going to phone the dealers today, but just wanted to check a few things.

Is there anything I can check to see if it is the DMF? Should it be covered under warranty as it's just over a year old? I'm expecting the dealers to say that it's wear and tear, but I'm not going to take that from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You probably won't get much joy if you head to Arnold Clark. If you don't, make sure you take it somewhere else to get away from Uncle Arnold :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Uncle Arnold lived up to expectations. They phoned a couple of hours after having the car to say they couldn't hear the noise. I described again how to listen for it, so they phoned again after another hour to say they still couldn't hear it. I showed up to collect the car, started the engine and could hear the noise straight away.

So I now need to take it to a decent VW garage. Any recommendations?

I'm in the Cambuslang area, near Glasgow, but don't mind travelling a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
Maybe you've done this but when it comes to noises I never leave it the mechanics, I take them AND if necessary the salesman with ME driving the car and "recreate" the noise until they admit it is there OR prove me to have gone mad !! Leaving it and going away can only mean some apprentice that doesn't know his backside form his elbow is going to take it for a "strop" and say, "sounds OK to me".

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts