VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I'm looking for "decent" android headunit that you guys would recommend which is tried and tested. I've a 2013 Tiguan R line which only has the standard unit, I want something that can run Google maps and music apps etc smoothly and easy functionality for the missus. Basically something plug and play for installation. One that uses the multifunction steering wheel also. Looking to spend around £300 but there is so many in the market I don't want to get some Chinese rip off which I'll regret. Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
There are several threads on here covering alternative head units to the old head units. A lot of useful information in them.

·
Registered
2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI Tip Sport
2 Posts
I've installed a Teyes CC3 unit, and it works like a dream!
Was a bit tricky at first to get the canbus right, but after I got that sorted everything is great.
I bought it for the sound quality, and Optical Out to get rid of electrical noise over the speakers.
Got no more noise and the quality of the sound is just awesome 😁

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for. Most of these sets are running counterfeit android os or its an old version. If you pay leas than $300usd you arent getting much. Dont forget the canbus integration kit as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts