VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 12months my alarm has been going off quite a lot, a few weeks ago when unlocking my wife's polo it activated my tiguan alarm, this has happened 3times now,yesterday a friend parked near me at work in his passat cc and started the lights flashing,I never have a problem when it's parked on my drive at home just when parked in public car parks,does any know how to fix this,

·
Registered
495 Posts
I haven't had the problem you describe with my Tiguan, however I did have a problem with the alarm going off several times in an Eos I owned. It was solved by the dealer reducing the alarm sensitivity (I guess anyone with VCDS could do it), but I don't think that wasn't related to anyone nearby locking their car. Also not sure if the sensitivity setting only relates to only the cabin sensors or the Key Fob sensor too.

Reactions: Trimdevrich

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've googled my problem and found a few posts with the same problem as me,but no answers,one man could set his neighbours t4 alarm of every morning.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My alarm has gone off twice recently, once just after midnight, then 5am this morning.

Haven't a clue why.

Neighbours so far have been okay.

·
Registered
Vw
1 Posts
My 2020 R-Line Tiguan alarm went off the other night , and i got a notification on my Phone / "we connect" of the follwoing - Anti theft alarm,,, "activity inside your Vehicle", i went out and opened the door and a Moth was flying around the vehicle inside, so i let the moth out and all was ok, just interesting ..

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Probably flew right past the sensor. They are pretty sensitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts