VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rung my insurance company today for a quote on my tig ( i pick it up on Monday 28th April )

They wanted to know if the alarm and the immobiliser is a cat 1 grade ?

I need to ring them back with an answer, anyone know if the tig is fitted with a cat 1 grade.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Oggy,

Cat 1 applies to any cars fitted with both an alarm and an immobiliser (its not a type of Alarm and Immobiliser) - so this applies to the Tiguan. (Other ratings, Cat2,3,4 etc relate to cars without an alarm or with just mechanical security - i.e. steering locks etc)

In case of the Thatcham classification I have read many articles stating that Thatcham have rated the Tiguan as class leading so I would imagine its Thatcham rated

Therefore I'd say the Tiguan can be classed as having a Thatcham approved Cat 1 Alarm and Immoboliser.

Kaine

·
Registered
405 Posts
......you could probably also mention that it has "interior" protection as well, so if you leave your windows down, and someone sticks their hand inside it will set off the alarm. Could help?

Rocc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kaine said:
Oggy,

Cat 1 applies to any cars fitted with both an alarm and an immobiliser (its not a type of Alarm and Immobiliser) - so this applies to the Tiguan. (Other ratings, Cat2,3,4 etc relate to cars without an alarm or with just mechanical security - i.e. steering locks etc)

In case of the Thatcham classification I have read many articles stating that Thatcham have rated the Tiguan as class leading so I would imagine its Thatcham rated

Therefore I'd say the Tiguan can be classed as having a Thatcham approved Cat 1 Alarm and Immoboliser.

Kaine
The CAT value on security products relates to how secure they are ie CAT 1 is the best, you can have a CAT 1 alarm only.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
is that right? I've always understood the Category terms as what security hardware the car has - I need to go google

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for all the replies.

Kind regards
Stuart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts