VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 300 miles my TIG developed an Airbag fault. (Light comes on and "AIRBAG FAULT" appears in the Info screen)

Took it in to the dealers and it needs a new crash sensor but guess what????????..

Part is on back order!!!!!! could be weeks!

Apparently it will still inflate etc as normal ( fingers crossed )

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man....... Sorry to hear about he AirBag Light fault.

You know that's the SAME exact thing my 2002 Year BMW 316TI did, and soon after the Sedan as well??

The problem was with a sensor that attaches to the "Gas Cylinders" that inflate the airbags, it would not sense the proper pressure in the small cylinders, what they did was align the sensor with the cylinder and it was ok. I'm not sure if this is the same problem?

Rocc

·
Registered
51 Posts
To preface my response, both my mother and father have VW's, both turbo petrol jetta and passat which are only 12 month old. It seems that VW have some issue relating to the sophisticated electronics in their cars, albeit some issues must be sensor or part supplier problems. Both these cars have been back to the service department to replace various sensors. My father?s car has just gone back for the third time. It is disappointing that this is happening, as the previous model V6 passat he had was faultless. It does put a little bit on concern in the back of my mind as I want to purchase the tiguan when released in Australia, but I don?t want to have to take it to the dealer for sensor or electronic repairs a number of times. I suppose one of the benefits to get new releases later than Europe is that we can see what the problems are.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NOW FIXED!!!! after how ever long it was!!!

Good Times

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've got same problem. dealer is goin to change crash sensor. but some tiguan owners say that this is not a solution. and airbag fault apperars again, then dealer start to think its airbag control unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts