VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have mentioned this in a previous message, I was in contact with my dealer last week. And he said my tig was at stage 7 in prodution.
My question is how far is the tig built in each stage.
I was just trying to figure out a time scale. The dealer is still hoping for end of March early April delivery.
Many thanks to any replies to this question.
Stuart

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have also been told this...

Ordered Mine 7th Feb and have been advised of simular dates..... perhaps they will be on the same boat!

Cant wait

·
Registered
82 Posts
the dealer i went to said that the cars got 'built' in Mexico and 'finished off' in Germany

sounds like a huge amount of on-ship time to save on labour costs.....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
peterbrown05 said:
the dealer i went to said that the cars got 'built' in Mexico and 'finished off' in Germany

sounds like a huge amount of on-ship time to save on labour costs.....
I believe the Tiguan is built in Wolfsburg, Germany - not Mexico

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi
there new to the site ( and a great site it is ) just recived notice from my dealer that my tig is sitting at the dock in germany.
now i know i should be grateful that its nearly here and there are a lot still waiting for build dates ( sorry) but he said there are 2 shipments arriving on thursday , and another on saturday could anyone tell me how long it takes to get from germany.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

I am also told my Tiguan Sport is waiting at the dock in Germany for shipment to the UK.

I would be interested if anyone knows how long it takes from this point to the dealer taking delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Rachel

I ordered the Sport on 7th February. It is a manual with standard spec and Park Assist added.

The dealer, Caffyns in Hove, has been very good and in fact achieved the fast delivery by modifying an existing order that they had in the pipeline.

The car is in Reflex Silver and looks really great, I visited the dealer today to have a look.

Hope you have better news soon.

Barry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Barry

Please can you post some pics when you get yours to help me keep dreaming while I wait for mine

Am REALLY jealous.

Enjoy

Rach

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well... you may have read that I am no longer awaiting a Tig, but have ordered a stock GTi instead, which is in Emden port (germany) . The dealer has said that it usually takes 2 weeks although as I am doing a cherished transfer, I will get my car in 3 at the latest

Karen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have had some great news today. The dealer rung this morning, and said my tig is at the docks in Germany ready for shipping.

Only trouble is I go on my Holidays this Friday for two weeks, so i don`t pick it up till Saturday 19th April, but a least i got a date

I feel so sorry for all those you ordered the auto`s,who have such along wait for theirs, i just hope everything works out alright for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts