VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Glad to join the forum 😊
Bought my Tiguan on Monday and having couple of issues already

(fuel cap door not opening and also horn not working also tyre pressure symbol illuminated)

briefly looking online could it be anything easier than having to replace the clock spring?

cheers

Andrew

· Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
92 Posts
The fuel door is a little touchy. Try different places near the edge to find the sweet spot.

Tie pressure you need to check the tire pressure, and if at the correct pressure.
The Tire Pressure Monitoring System must be recalibrated under the following conditions:
  • If the tire pressures were adjusted.
  • If one or more wheels were changed.
  • If one or more wheels were repaired.
  • If the wheels were rotated, for example from front to rear.
The Tire Pressure Monitoring System must only be recalibrated if all tires are inflated to the correct pressure when they are cold. In order to measure the tire pressure on cold tires, the vehicle must be left to stand for 3 hours or only be driven slowly over short distances during this time.

After being warned about a low tire pressure, switch the ignition off and back on. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System can only be recalibrated after this is done.

After being warned about a low tire pressure, switch the ignition off and back on. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System can only be recalibrated after this is done.
  1. Switch the ignition on.
  2. Depending on the vehicle equipment, press the Menu button or function key and open the Vehicle menu in the Infotainment system ⇒ Vehicle settings menu.
    Or: depending on the vehicle equipment, press the CAR button or function key.
  3. Depending on how your vehicle is equipped, tap the Setup function key.
  4. Tap the Tires function key.
  5. Tap the SET function key.
  6. If all four tires meet the required tire pressure values, tap the Confirm function key.
    After longer trips (at least 20 minutes) and different vehicle speeds, the system adapts to the new values and monitors them.
    Or: Tap Cancel to cancel the process.
    The current tire pressure is not saved and the system is not reprogrammed.

The horn sound like a trip to dealer. Make sure switch is on when trying to use the horn.

· Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
92 Posts
That is part of the missing on the form which country they are in. As you said, different countries have different rules and requirements. In the USA, a warning is only required that the pressure has dropped below a point. You recalibrated that point, as I had in my post. Actual pressure is not required.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is part of the missing on the form which country they are in. As you said, different countries have different rules and requirements. In the USA, a warning is only required that the pressure has dropped below a point. You recalibrated that point, as I had in my post. Actual pressure is not required.
Sorry - I’m from Scotland 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts