VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have had my brand new 2022 Tiguan SEL-R Line AWD for about 3 months. I already have over 5K miles on it but around a month and a half ago I noticed an issue. Here's what happens. When starting it cold or after not having run for a couple hours and I take off the car starts a jerking action when applying throttle. If I give it considerably more gas it stops doing it and the engine winds up, but if in a parking lot for example and I take off slowly like you normally would it will just start acting like it's in a really high gear than it goes to a much lower gear. It is not shifting at all though, because I tried manually shifting and it still does it. It seems to be the throttle computer is not delivering fuel correctly? I did take it out of eco mode, partially because it didn't do squat for the MPG anyway, and secondly it seemed worse in that mode. The closest dealer is over an hour away and when I called they acted like they have never heard of this problem before. Even passengers notice it and thought I was trying it. Once I start driving it's fine. I am hopeful someone else has experienced this and knows the issue. I don't want to take it in for my first service and be screwing around for days at a dealer, or them telling me it's just normal or we couldn't recreate it. It is not. Other issues I have had.
1. When turning left occasionally there is a weird slight feeling almost like a grinding. It's not real noticeable but it has done that since new.
2. No idea why but there is one area close to home where the stereo when connected to phone just stops playing musing or even relaying messages from the phone over the speakers. It's like it glitches for a second a few times and then comes back on. It does this at the same places every day. I don't know if it's trying to connect to the homelink, internet or what. It starts too far away for that to occur though.
3. The foot rear hatch sensor seems to not work when I need it to.
4. It used to start up and the map display would come up every time on drivers info center regardless of what I had up. That stopped on it's own and I have no idea how.
5. Stereo glitches occasionally and I need to turn it off and restart it. God forbid you connect someone else's phone to it and it becomes a chore to reconnect yours every time.
6. The shifting never seems like it's in the right gear and very unrefined. Eco mode is the worst at it and a waste anyway. It's like that was meant for a lighter car and carried over.
I am pleasantly surprised by MPG. I have been averaging around 30, but when I did do actual trip odometer vs gallons used it was off by about 1 to 1.5mpg on the computer.
Overall I like the car, but am very suspect of the long term quality. I am kind of regretting getting it considering my proximity to a dealer. I had thought VWs were reliable and this engine for example has been around a long while. I thought the German engineering would come through, but it just doesn't feel like that's the case. Thanks in advance for any assistance. BTW there are no recalls on my VW. I looked.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
56 Posts
Item one try the following:

Suggest you give it a try. It works on almost every brand of car with auto transmission. It reset the pedal position in the ECU and transmission.

To do reset

The car warmed up, and the engine turned off.

1. Depress the Start/Stop button without the foot on the brake pedal. The car does not start but is in the run setting. All the lights on the dash will light up.

2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor until you hear and feel a click like going into passing gear. Hold the pedal all the way down for 20 to 30 seconds.

3. Depress the Start/Stop button as if turning off the engine.

4. Remove the foot from the gas pedal.

5. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes, start the engine, and go for a drive.

If the car does not have the Start/Stop button turn the keyed switch to position 2.

Item 3: Try moving your foot, left to right and back the other way, under the bumper. Some back to front does not work as good.

Item 6: maybe the reset in item one will also help here.

I have found on all my cars the display for MPG is wrong when you do a filled tank and actual miles calucation manually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Item one try the following:

Suggest you give it a try. It works on almost every brand of car with auto transmission. It reset the pedal position in the ECU and transmission.

To do reset

The car warmed up, and the engine turned off.

1. Depress the Start/Stop button without the foot on the brake pedal. The car does not start but is in the run setting. All the lights on the dash will light up.

2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor until you hear and feel a click like going into passing gear. Hold the pedal all the way down for 20 to 30 seconds.

3. Depress the Start/Stop button as if turning off the engine.

4. Remove the foot from the gas pedal.

5. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes, start the engine, and go for a drive.

If the car does not have the Start/Stop button turn the keyed switch to position 2.

Item 3: Try moving your foot, left to right and back the other way, under the bumper. Some back to front does not work as good.

Item 6: maybe the reset in item one will also help here.

I have found on all my cars the display for MPG is wrong when you do a filled tank and actual miles calucation manually.
thank you!! I will try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts