VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 41k miles 80k Kilometers, my Tiguan had a bad injector and injector wiring harness replaced.
After replacement, When car has warmed up, severe hesitation (*no response to throttle) for 3-5 seconds followed by strong to severe surge.
Delayed launch has nearly caused 4 accidents.
Car is under warranty at Local and only VW service shop for 2 months. seems to be a typical problem in US.
Dealer has been baffled as has regional VW service rep.

Has any one had this issue and how was it solved?
I would like to have my car again.
Lemon law not an option.

·
Administrator
5,983 Posts
Why do you say a bad injector and wiring harness is a big problem in the US? In close to 10 years we have only heard of a few occurrences. However without knowing the true problem, it will be hard for anyone here to tell you how to resolve your particular problem

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Have they checked your intake for carbon buildup? Need to get the full story and a full scan. Could be something as simple as a $5 sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you say a bad injector and wiring harness is a big problem in the US? In close to 10 years we have only heard of a few occurrences. However without knowing the true problem, it will be hard for anyone here to tell you how to resolve your particular problem
Perhaps my writing style. This started after the injector Wiring harness repair. The severe hesitation followed by Surge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have they checked your intake for carbon buildup? Need to get the full story and a full scan. Could be something as simple as a $5 sensor.
Full scan has been don by VW multiple times. Throttle body showed some issues dealer replaced but issue continued. Continued Scans have revealed no additional issues. Typically when all other aspects of a car have been analyzed, and appear good. I think failed computer. Dealer disagrees, VW Regional service Disagrees. I have suggested running scans while driving. to review all actions from throttle to rear wheels dealer did not think it would show issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True Problem When stepping on accelerator after a stop Engine is running at Idle and is completely un-responsive to throttle input after 3 to 5+ seconds the engine surges and the car accelerates.
Prior to problem 1 fuel injector and fuel injector wiring harness was replaced.
Post problem Throttle body was replaced 30 minutes into driving problem re-occurred.
Dealer has been trying to resolve for 2 months.
VW regional service tech has been on site and on phone to resolve.
Perhaps some one on this site has experienced severe hesitation followed by power surge and it was repaired successfully..

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
I'd be taking to a independent tech. All dealers know how to do now is read codes and replace parts. What you describe could be caused by many things including a vacuum leak. If they pulled the intake to replace an injector they should of noted any valve carbon build up. Could be the HPFP not building pressure right. Amusing vcds you can monitor fuel rail pressure, could be an issue with timing, could be the intake runner is not functioning correctly, MAP sensor issues, how old is your air cleaner, does every look installed properly. Down to a loose connection at one of the injectors. If the independent is able to fix it. You should be reimbursed by VWCC as their incompetent techs couldn't solve it. I've been down this road. No light, no issues no CEL no Issues. Is getting to be the norm with any manufacturer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be taking to a independent tech. All dealers know how to do now is read codes and replace parts. What you describe could be caused by many things including a vacuum leak. If they pulled the intake to replace an injector they should of noted any valve carbon build up. Could be the HPFP not building pressure right. Amusing vcds you can monitor fuel rail pressure, could be an issue with timing, could be the intake runner is not functioning correctly, MAP sensor issues, how old is your air cleaner, does every look installed properly. Down to a loose connection at one of the injectors. If the independent is able to fix it. You should be reimbursed by VWCC as their incompetent techs couldn't solve it. I've been down this road. No light, no issues no CEL no Issues. Is getting to be the norm with any manufacturer.
Thank you. I am working with VW for now. I will bring these issues up.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,024 Posts
Or even your nemesis, iggy, the ground strap!

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Could very well be!! It's the main engine ground and no codes showed!

Reactions: Robert Giesen
1 - 10 of 10 Posts