VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all...... seems a common problem but I've never had it before on our Tiguan.

A bit of research shows one of the rear wheel speed sensors is a likely culprit and have read through some of the helpful posts on here, thanks for those.

It's intermittent with my car, if I stop and restart it will clear after driving a short distance.... and come back on anytime from the next 20 miles to 100 miles of driving.

My problem is no fault codes are logged in the ECU, so unable to confirm which wheel sensor may be at fault, or indeed any other issues.

I use a good quality OBD2 Bluetooth unit and TORQUE Pro software on my Android phone. I have used this in the past to find a faulty glow plug issue, and it's showing all the data as normal..... but the message is No Fault Codes Recorded on ECU.

I have checked again by using other standard OBD2 scanners but same outcome no faults?

Can anyone shine a light on why no fault codes are picked up even when all the warning lights are showing on the dash, does it need the VW workshop level scanners and software to show up speed sensor faults etc?

Thanks for any assistance

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
Get OBDeleven, not expensive and it truly reads all the fault codes and allows programming. Many of the generic scanners are just that and don't have the proper coding to access the VW modules.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments, yes it needed an independent garage with a snap-on tools scanner to show it was rear right wheel where the issue was, I just got them to fit a new (Bosche) sensor.... all clear just now but if it returns on this wheel it will be the magnetic ring on the hub, so a new hub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts