VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this Tiguan used. I didint have any issues whatsoever with it until I took it back to the dealership to fix the headliner. When I got it back, the driver side key cover was missing and a large scratch on the passenger side front bumper. They said they would fix it, so I left until the part was ordered.
The next day I took it to the grocery store and it drove fine. When I came out of thr store, the power steering red light was in and there was absolutely no power steering!!! I don't know if this is something that could have happened during the duration of about a week and a half they kept the car as well?? What could this be? Which sensor?
Then I throughly it was a fluke because sometimes it works upon start, sometimes it doesn't and works fine. Please help as this vehicle was bought as is with no warranty. I feel like this also happened whist they were fixing the headliner???

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
Get the fault log with a PROPER diagnostic tool such as VCDS or OBDeleven, not one of these genetic tools. It might point you to the problem. VW's are electro mechanical systems, so it'll be an electrical issue of sone kind. Maybe even liw battery, the VW control modules are sensitive to low voltage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the fault log with a PROPER diagnostic tool such as VCDS or OBDeleven, not one of these genetic tools. It might point you to the problem. VW's are electro mechanical systems, so it'll be an electrical issue of sone kind. Maybe even liw battery, the VW control modules are sensitive to low voltage.
Do sensors that go bad Mae clicking noises around the engine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts