VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,Having problems sourcing a full clutch kit replacement for above.My local garage has tried 3 x to fit DMF kit but none fit.Is now trying to source just disc and pressure plate only to fit as DMF looks in good condition.Has anyone had this problem and or do they have the actual vw part number required to fit this vehicle and cost if possible?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would recommend replacing the clutch salve cylinder if you are replacing the clutch disc and pressure plate, it is often the first part to fail.
I recently replaced the slave cylinder in mine, it was the only part that had failed. (10 years old and 75,000miles)

My car is 2012 2.0diesel, 4-maotion, the clutch was LUK manufactured of that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Honestly ditch the DMF totally andngonwith an upgrade. It will be a bit firmer shifting but longevity is far better. The DMFs are prone to fail randomly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would recommend replacing the clutch salve cylinder if you are replacing the clutch disc and pressure plate, it is often the first part to fail.
I recently replaced the slave cylinder in mine, it was the only part that had failed. (10 years old and 75,000miles)

My car is 2012 2.0diesel, 4-maotion, the clutch was LUK manufactured of that helps.
My slave failed at 40 odd k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts