VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just changed the D1S Xenon bulb to a Philips x-treme and was going to change the main beam to a better output H7 but ... I simply cant see how to get the bulb out and cant see how removing the complete lamp unit (yes, bumper off job I fear) would make any difference.

Does anybody have any experience of these units as I can't see anything on this age across the webs video "how-to's"

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
Do you mean the original mk1 (space between grill and lights), or the facelift mk1 (lights and grill continuous)? If it's xenon, that would be the dip/main beam. The inner H7 is actually the lamps that light up the corner's as you turn by the reflector directing the light sideways. I had the facelift, and did replace the inner H7's there was a cap at the back of the unit and you could reach the lamp through there, though very awkward nearside between the lamp and battery.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the original (more curvy) Mk1, not the 2011-15.

That all makes sense now - the sideways lighting with the deflector.

I took the inner rubber cap off but I was starting to think that the little torx that hold the mechanism in would need to be removed and pull that all out.

I'll see how the H7 colour compares for a week or two ... its not like you need to see an extra 60m 90 degrees to where you are driving, just will look odd possibly if its too yellow.

Knowing all this I'll concentrate on changing to some better fogs instead ... :rolleyes:

Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts