VW Tiguan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I had the bluetooth module: 5N0-035-730-C
On forums I read that I should swap it for a 5N0-035-730-D and it should be plug and play.
Was I wrong here? I only get audio from my right speaker when playing music with the 5N0-035-730-D.
(on a 2010 with RNS310)

·
Administrator
5,960 Posts
That is because in 2010 (I have one) VW could not figure out BT yet and only wired in the right channel. You can however wire in the left channel, It requires some repair wires from the dealer (short wire with proper end terminal) and a length of wire. It will be run from the BT module under the seat to the head unit.

There are instructions on the web, as I did it 10 years ago.

Reactions: Old Dog and n4s

·
Administrator
3,103 Posts
9W2 to 9W7 conversion. Fairly easy to do as Shawng said. There for a while VW was doing them for free but think it's been a discontinued program for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks for the response!

Would there be another module that is plug and play that does not need any wiring?
If I would get another loom would be quite difficult to install I assume? Would I need to remove the dashboard?

That is because in 2010 (I have one) VW could not figure out BT yet and only wired in the right channel. You can however wire in the left channel, It requires some repair wires from the dealer (short wire with proper end terminal) and a length of wire. It will be run from the BT module under the seat to the head unit.

There are instructions on the web, as I did it 10 years ago.

·
Administrator
5,960 Posts
The wires are not there for the left channel, so no other module will solve that. The only thing on the dash that needs removing is the radio to access the connector at the rear. wires can be fished from under the seat and up the console to the radio. The other option is to replace the whole radio with an aftermarket, but that is a whole other conversation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Is there a manual showing how to do this?

What wire do I need etc?

Thanks in advance.

The wires are not there for the left channel, so no other module will solve that. The only thing on the dash that needs removing is the radio to access the connector at the rear. wires can be fished from under the seat and up the console to the radio. The other option is to replace the whole radio with an aftermarket, but that is a whole other conversation.

·
Administrator
3,103 Posts
I believe you can get the kit with instructions from Kufatec

·
Administrator
5,960 Posts
Back in 2010 I found all the details someplace on the web. I no longer have this information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts