VW Tiguan Forum banner

2.0 TSI

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mickjane2 
#1 ·
Hi Folks, been a while since I posted on here but the time has come to replace our Tig.

I've lost the faith when it comes to diesel engines and firmly believe that the fuel tax will increase the disparity between diesel and petrol so I am going for a 2.0 TSI, there are a couple of questions i would like answered of possible because the dealers cant really give me the information I require:

1. Is the difference between the 190 PS and 230 PS just a mapping thing or is there engine/suspension/brake differences?
  2. Has anyone successfully fitted LPG to a TSI because the savings seem something to be looked at?

Thanks

#3 ·
I envy you living on a place the Diesel Tiguan is available. If it were me the Diesel would still be the way to go. Here stateside we have one option the 200hp TSI (207 HP actually) on the Gen 1 EA888.1. I know a few changes were made to the EA888.3 Shawn could probably answer more on that.

As of now the Gen 3 has yet to have a decent tune come out from APR but for the Gen 1 like I have, tuned I'm supposedly pushing 260-270HP on 92 octane / 95 Ron. And I still average 25-27 MPGs. But I really do miss 45-50 MPG when I had the CR140 TDI in my Golf.

Look deep into LPG and Nat Conversions. It's very pricey and I honestly dont think the cost is justified unless it's that much cheaper where you are at. Right now where I'm at it's $4.55 a gallon for 92 octane "super". Talking $5+ a gallon this summer. I'll definitely be riding my motorcycle ba lot more this summer.

But in the end, I'd be looking for another diesel, especially if you to a Caravan or any trailer.

#4 ·
I'd hazzard a guess its a state of tune between the two engines.

I always wonder about the brakes thing. We have speed limits, which we Must adhere too :roll: so the car needs to be able to stop quickly from whatever speed it is doing. I doubt very much a manufacturer would put inferior brakes on the lesser powered car for tat reason. Plus, cost of 2 types of brakes. Of course my thinking may be way off. ;-)

#6 ·
I believe the 230 Mk2 is biturbo.

Mick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.