Photo

Dane, Chester

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE  

• Validating
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Dealt with Iain Gilholm at Dane for my recent Tiguan purchase.

He was straight down the line & genuine. Excellent at keeping you up to date with progress of order, general queries etc.

I've used Dane in the past for the servicing of my Wifes Polo Sport and My V5 Golf. No problems.

For a main dealer there's no pomp and circumstance involved, just a solid customer proposition.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:07 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Kaine

Kaine

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1115 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

thanks for sharing :twoup: its always good to hear positive dealer experiences

#3 OFFLINE   rjm

rjm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

I dealt with Claire Green at this firm and she was excellent too. Kept me informed.

Dane also did the best price out of loads of VW dealers.

My local dealer in Cardiff was s**t and didn't want to know about getting me a good price
for the car I wanted and kept trying to sell me ones they had "in stock".

The broker I used also said they never offered a competitive price.

#4 OFFLINE   Tim Moore

Tim Moore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan Escape 2.0TDI

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

For some reason I omitted to finish the saga of our purchase off. Dane-Chester (Inchcape Group)when we arrived to collect our car last May were very attentive and the salesman - Paul Hubbard - very efficient, pleasant and helpful. We had of course ordered the car in January from them since ther price was the best we could secure and drove a round-trip of almost 1000 miles to get the car but on balance it was an enjoyable experience. Dane Chester clearly know they will not see us for services etc, but we purchased the VW 250 first three years service package then on offer, and I note it still is on all VW models. Hopefully our nearest distributor Hawco Inverness will be prepared to honour the service agreement in a rather more interested manner than when we first approached them to order a Tiguan since it is nation-wide in scope.
2010 Tiguan Escape 2.0Tdi. Shadow Blue. Black Trim. 6 Speed Manual. Panoramic Roof. Multifunction Steering Wheel. Factory Tow bar and electrics. Deflectors. (Isle of Skye. North-West Scotland. GB). Owned for five and a half years from new. Traded in against. VW Passat Alltrack B8 Estate in December 2015.

#5 OFFLINE   Pearson

Pearson

myTiguan Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

We did something similar on the Tig, ours came from Inchcape (VW Cheltenham), but I get it serviced at another dealer (VW Birmingam) - where we bought our Golf from, and its currently in at Listers for some Warranty work (roof leak, fix & new headliner hopefully), and a very slight missfire when cold at slow speed (needed now pressure sensor on PDF), basically I go to which ever is convenient (servicing and warranty), and which ever can offer the best deal when purchasing (I hate haggling, so leave that to a broker)

To be fair to all of them, they are all excellent really, always helpful, keep me informed and have the work done when they say. Its only a shame that I didn't discover VW's earlier.

Jon
Warwickshire UK
Black 170 TDI Sport, Black Leather, Panoramic Roof, factory towbar, DAB, climate, 2011 MFSW, bluetooth

#6 OFFLINE   Woodmaster

Woodmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Another recommendation for Dane of Chester. Dealt with John Muldoon who made the whole process smooth and straightforward.
Best price was obtained there compared to local dealers and various brokers.
Tiguan 2.0 Tdi SE BM 4wd. Reflex Silver. Winter pack, mirror pack, rear curtains, cruise
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

#7 OFFLINE   vwtig

vwtig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 Match 2.0 TDI 4 Motion

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Dane didn't do it for me. Bought a relatively cheap 2nd hand polo for the son. On collection car poorly valeted. MOT not done as agreed with deal. Only 1 tyre had correct pressure (Turned out leak from tyre valves). Salesman had promised to collect car for MOT and return it on completion, but phone call last week saying we lived too far away for this. Maybe if we bought something >£20 service maight have been better. I don't think I'll be darkening their doorsteps again.
2011 Tiguan 2.0 (140)tdi 4 motion match. Metallic black, panoramic roof, convenience pack, leather.
Stone, Staffordshire, UK

#8 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12200 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't think I'll be darkening their doorsteps again.

Unless of course you leave a little deposit behind. :rolleyes:

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#9 OFFLINE   forkbender

forkbender

MyTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 4980 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 2.0 TDI Match DSG 7
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

as every BAD dog does!! :rolleyes:

(R) OFC

Now interested in the hereafter..often find myself in a room and wondering "Now what did I come in here after!"

Sheffield, England, UK

flag43.gifflag-of-england.gif

2011 Tiguan Match TDI 140 4Motion DSG 7 with cruise, panoramic sunroof, winter and convenience packs, summer and winter mats, mud flaps all round, in reflex silver

How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: http://www.mytiguan....p-of-the-world/
Glossary of Abbreviations: http://www.mytiguan....-abbreviations/

#10 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4015 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

But not if you're well trained.

[attachment=2178:Dog cleaning up poo.jpg]

:twoup:

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#11 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12200 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

But not if you're well trained.

:twoup:

LOL :gathering: . Good find there Warrior. :twoup: :twoup:

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#12 OFFLINE   T1gR

T1gR

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • My Tiguan:R line 177 BMT 4motion 6spd

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

We went in to Dane in Chester back in 2011 looking to px our X-Trail at the time for a Tig or a Passat Estate.  We had a look around the cars that they had in stock but they did not have any of the spec that we wanted so they took our details & we sat there with a salesman tapping away at his computer almost ignoring us.  It was at this point that I got the impression that the salesman couldn't be bothered, he spoke to us as if we were some second class citizens and he totally ignored my wife which really annoyed her.  After sitting there for around 30 minutes he told us that he could not find anything to match the spec we wanted within all the stock within their group which I found a bit bizzare and we were not even offered something slightly more expensive than what we said our budget was.  He told us he would be in touch within a few days and we would go from there.  A few days passed, a week and still nothing so I phoned & was told that the saleman in question (don't remember his name) would call us back - he never did.  About a month later I started to get text messages, e-mails & phone calls from Dane inviting me to come to their sales at which point I politely told them to stop bothering me as they clearly didn't want my money and explained about mr could not be bothered salesman.  Their loss as we went to Toyota and spent our money there instead.

Thankfully Dane closed down and a new dealership (Inchcape) & showroon has been built in Chester which we visited just before New Year and I cannot praise them highly enough.  Right from the off the salesman (Ben Steele) was courteous, very professional and most importantly to me when making a large purchase like this was no pressure or hard sell.  When we were trying to work out the best deal / price / finance, etc for us the businnes manager came out (Grant Hickson) and sat down with us & went through everything in detail  - again totally professional, very polite and no pressure.

We were kept updated by Ben the whole way through the build, shipping, delivery, etc.

Even on the day of picking the car up, I must have been there about 1.5 hours as they were showing me the car, I had questions and there was no rush to get rid of me for the next customer, etc.  I left there with a full tank of fuel and a get in touch with us if you have any questions - I really can't fault them  :twoup:

March 2014 R line 177 BMT 4Motion 6 speed.

Nimbus Grey, Panoramic sunroof, black leather, RNS 315, Dynaudio, XDS, Cruise Control, Mirror pack & rear/side airbags

Toys - 450 bhp Supercharged Honda S2000 & 2015 Suzuki GSX-R 750 MotoGP special edition

#13 OFFLINE   Rory

Rory

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 150TDI 4Motion DSG
  • Additional Location Information::Chester

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

Thankfully Dane closed down and a new dealership (Inchcape) & showroon has been built in Chester which we visited just before New Year and I cannot praise them highly enough. 

Dane Chester VW have been owned by Inchcape for about 10yrs now.   They relocated along the road to the new premises - it's not a new business.

To be honest, I think they've got delusions grandeur since they moved into the new place - it did take my breath away when I first visited!   I know they've got to pay for it somehow, but every servicing visit it felt like they were trying to scam me to such an extent that I don't go there now, I use an indie instead.

near Chester, UK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users