5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   snedved

snedved

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:2012 155kw TSI

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi

One month in of enjoying driving a 2012 'Tiggy' and being surprised by the qwirky operations, others are enjoying it for the wrong reasons ie a wheelcap stolen and a rear wiper snapped off - I'm in the wrong neighbourhood me's thinking.

Buying replacement parts from VW has proved expensive and am thinking service parts are going to follow suit. Has anyone researched post warranty service parts with cost savings without denying quality.

Thanks.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

#2 ONLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5683 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Sorry mate but I don't think there are any alternatives unless you get bits in from Hong Kong. If you try on eBay there's a lot if Hong Long dealers who do freight free or standard freight World wide and you might find what you need. Fortunately here in Alex we don't have any of the problems you've encountered.

Cheers
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#3 ONLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 5940 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Here in Canada, i find that some dealer parts are less expensive than aftermarket. some the same and some more expensive. You really have to shop around. Some examples:
Brakes - more expensive
oil filters - less
air filter- equal
timing belts and associated part - equal or less and way better quality
door lock mechanism - more expensive
Wheel bearing - more expensive
strut mount - less
stabiliser link - more expensive

These are some of the parts I have purchased for customer cars.

As for dealer only parts, in most cases I find them more reasonable that other brands. Mazda, Infinity, GM, Ford are worse worse, and with VW you can usually get down to a single o-ring, rather than have to purchase an entire assembly.

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#4 OFFLINE   forkbender

forkbender

MyTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 2.0 TDI Match DSG 7
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hi

One month in of enjoying driving a 2012 'Tiggy' and being surprised by the qwirky operations, others are enjoying it for the wrong reasons ie a wheelcap stolen and a rear wiper snapped off - I'm in the wrong neighbourhood me's thinking.

Buying replacement parts from VW has proved expensive and am thinking service parts are going to follow suit. Has anyone researched post warranty service parts with cost savings without denying quality.

Thanks.

Just booked our flights To Oz, holidaying on the Gold Coast, would be great to hire a Tiguan out there. I could only get a Forester SUV last time we went!

<p>(<strong><em>R</em></strong>) <strong>OFC</strong><br><br>Now interested in the hereafter..often find myself in a room and wondering "Now what did I come in here after!"</p><p> </p><p> Sheffield, England, UK<br><br><span>flag43.gif</span><span>flag-of-england.gif</span><br><br><br>2011 Tiguan Match TDI 140 4Motion DSG 7 with cruise, panoramic sunroof, winter and convenience packs, summer and winter mats, mud flaps all round, in reflex silver<br><br><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">The Tiggy Map of the World: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.zeemaps.c...1.4061&z=15</a> </span><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map</span>: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.mytiguan...d/</a><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Glossary of Abbreviations: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.mytiguan...</a></span></p>

#5 OFFLINE   Bambazonke

Bambazonke

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 103TDi DSG 4Motion BMT

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Try renting from Eurocar. It is owned by Volkswagen so I am told so there is a good chance you may get a VW to but I doubt it will be a Tig

MY 13 Tiguan 103TDI | Titanium Beige | DSG | 4Motion | Bluemotion | Comfort pack | Fog lights | 9W7 Bluetooth | MDI |
Mods: RCD510 | OEM RVC | Paddle Shift MFSW | Glasses Compartment | Electric Folding Mirrors | Chrome Mirror & Window Switches | Exterior Ambient (Puddle) Lighting | Passenger Mirror Dip in Reverse | OEM Compass | Door Exit Warning Lights | LED Interior Light Upgrade | OEM ATA Siren | Driver Alert System | VCDS tweaks |

Also in the garage....
MY 13 BMW 320d | Arctic White | Sportline |

Previously
MY 08 Tiguan 103TDI | Mountain Grey | 4Motion | Manual |
Mods: RCD510 | OEM RVC | 9W7 Bluetooth | Overhead Ambient Lighting | Auto Lighting | VCDS tweaks |

#6 OFFLINE   forkbender

forkbender

MyTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4980 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 2.0 TDI Match DSG 7
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

cheers ' I'll give them a go along with loads of others for our  long hols starting at the end of June! :)

<p>(<strong><em>R</em></strong>) <strong>OFC</strong><br><br>Now interested in the hereafter..often find myself in a room and wondering "Now what did I come in here after!"</p><p> </p><p> Sheffield, England, UK<br><br><span>flag43.gif</span><span>flag-of-england.gif</span><br><br><br>2011 Tiguan Match TDI 140 4Motion DSG 7 with cruise, panoramic sunroof, winter and convenience packs, summer and winter mats, mud flaps all round, in reflex silver<br><br><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">The Tiggy Map of the World: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.zeemaps.c...1.4061&z=15</a> </span><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map</span>: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.mytiguan...d/</a><br><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Glossary of Abbreviations: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.mytiguan...</a></span></p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.