Door Speaker Upgrades - Show Me What You've Done! - General Discussion - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Door Speaker Upgrades - Show Me What You've Done!

door speaker speaker audio component tweeter midrange midbass 2017

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jsnichols2

Jsnichols2

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 Wolfsburg 4Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:05 PM

Hey all,

I've searched the forums and don't see a lot of posts with specific info about front door speaker mods that folks have done. Has anyone done this successfully? What was involved in the process and what speakers did you end up using? Pics are a bonus!

I have a 2017 Wolfsburg 4MOTION w/o Fender Audio and have been contemplating moving part of my setup over from my 2013 Jetta (just the outboard amps and DSP) but would be replacing the stock Tiguan tweeter and door speaker for sure. I know that there are at least a handful of direct-fit kits (Eton, Steg, Ground Zero, etc) but also wonder if anyone has had luck using standard speakers.

Thanks for your input!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 02:18 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 13238 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:54 PM

Did you do a search using "front speaker" as key words? You will find tips for door panel removal, suggested speaker brands, some threads have pics even of speakers. Two full pages came back for you to look through.

Old Dog

Current: 2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport - Comfortline 3.6L in Pacific Blue

Previous: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior.

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#3 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 3003 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SEL 2.0 TSI 4 Motion
  • Additional Location Information::Rural Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:05 PM

I'm running MB Quart as mains and a set of modified infinity tweeters in mine without Fender. Have to build a few brackets and drill rivets out but going thru someplace like crutchfield they can supply everything. Sorry no pics.
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 2.0 TSI, 4 Motion, 6 Speed Tiptronic, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST

APR Stage 1, Hartmann Euromesh 4 GA 18x8, Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, Custom Leveling Kit

Previous: 2011 Golf TDI Stage 2+, 2008 Jetta S 2.5, 1965 VW Beetle
Other Rides: 2017 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 SuperLow

Complete Mod list now on my profile

“Good cars get you from point A to point B. Great cars…Well they just get you in to trouble.” —Unknown

#4 OFFLINE   Jsnichols2

Jsnichols2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:09 PM

Did you do a search using "front speaker" as key words? You will find tips for door panel removal, suggested speaker brands, some threads have pics even of speakers. Two full pages came back for you to look through.

Old Dog

I think I mainly searched "door speaker" and "speaker upgrade". I'll try with your suggestion - thanks for the info!

#5 OFFLINE   Jsnichols2

Jsnichols2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:14 PM

I'm running MB Quart as mains and a set of modified infinity tweeters in mine without Fender. Have to build a few brackets and drill rivets out but going thru someplace like crutchfield they can supply everything. Sorry no pics.

That's good to know, I'll keep that in mind. I'm leaning toward paying a little more for one of the Euro VW upgrade kits but I'm not 100% yet. Thanks for chiming in!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: door speaker, speaker, audio, component, tweeter, midrange, midbass, 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.