Kenwood DNX516DABS after market stereo - car play troubles... - Problems, Bugs & Fixes - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Kenwood DNX516DABS after market stereo - car play troubles...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stek2017

stek2017

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • My Tiguan:4Motion 2.0 MK1 Auto
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:45 PM

Hi folks,

This may be a little niche - but I have the Kenwood DNX516 after-market head unit in my 2013 Tiguan.

It's always worked really well until I started using the CarPlay functionality. I assumed I had a loose connection (it needs the iphone plugged in by cable) as a few times per journey it would pause and need the phone to be disconnected & reconnected, or a wait of around 2 minutes for it to sort itself out and reconnect. 

I've just had the head unit out and double checked the connections  - the USB lead uses a non standard USB connector into the head unit then gives two cables (one iphone/ipod, one standard USB). It seemed to be clipped in pretty well.

I've run the available firmware updates from Kenwood but that didn't change anything.

I've recently been driving a Seat model with integrated CarPlay as my Tiggy was in for bodywork repairs after a van drove into it - that seemed to work with no issues for car play so I don't think it's anything at the phone end...

My gut feeling is that the USB cable is probably still the culprit but before I pay the £35ish for a replacement (had the head unit about 3 years so out of warranty) just wanted to see if anyone else uses this head unit + an iPhone and recognises similar symptoms?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Steve

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:25 PM

#2 OFFLINE   stevey83

stevey83

• PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tigaun R Line 2010

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

My Pioneer sometimes doesn't recognise my phone, and requires me to turn ignition off and restart, only occasionally though.

#3 OFFLINE   tiguan326

tiguan326

• PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan 2.0TDI Match 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::Durham

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Try anker cables ... they’re really good and less than £10... if your fault changes or disappears, you know it’s that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.