Scratches in plastic fender surround plus clear coat paint - Auto Detailing Discussion - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Scratches in plastic fender surround plus clear coat paint

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 Special Edition 4motion
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:52 PM

Bought this tig with left rear black plastic wheel surround/fender surround plastic scratched. I m guessing fine grit wet sanding perhaps. Also painted fender section has about 2 inches of multiple scratches in clear coat..
Any suggestions pls

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 01:54 AM

#2 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 Special Edition 4motion
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:55 PM

This

Attached Files

#3 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Moderators
  • 2148 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SEL 2.0 TSI 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:07 PM

I have merged both threads so people don't get confused with a second thread of just picture.

Please edit your post with the picture by reuploading your pics using our handy uploader. At the bottom you should see more reply options and then attach image. Once uploaded you can add to post to have it show up without having to click on it or download to a members device. Thanks. If you need assistance send me the photo and I'll upload it for you to the thread.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST.

#4 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Moderators
  • 2148 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SEL 2.0 TSI 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:19 AM

As far as paint scratches or depends how deep they are. If they are superficial a product called scratch X or any rubbing compound will help minimize it. Scratches in the wheel arch are a different story. If they are the textured plastic you can carefully take a razor blade and clean it up but you will never get rid of them. If it's bothersome hit up a wreckong yard in your area and see if they have a replacement.

Realistically find a paint correction expert in your area and they will have all the proper compounds, pads and polishers to do it right. And give the area a good sealer and polish.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.