Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • My Tiguan:Summit 4-Motion Auto
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Warwickshire

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:35 PM

I've just bought a DTUK pedalbox to try to cure the woeful throttle response which the remap was unable to (woudn't have) cure(d).

Thing is, I cant see any connector block between the back of the throttle pedal and the loom up behind the dash.

Do I need to pull back the carpet more or investigate up into the loom further?

2010 Tiguan Summit Auto

2005 MkV Golf GTi DSG

2009 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3T St4 Auto

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:17 AM

#2 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:48 PM

It's tucked into the the pedal itself you have to remove the pedal to get at it. Just remember these pedal box, commander things are nothing more than an Amplifier circuit. They do nothing more than make the pedal far more sensitive to input. If you are having input issues I highly recommend readapting the stops on the pedal before installing the box. It has been known to cause issues on VW and Audi vehicles as the ecu and Canbus system will not see the throttle pedal properly after install.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

#3 OFFLINE   Summitgood

Summitgood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • My Tiguan:Summit 4-Motion Auto
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Warwickshire

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:20 PM

ok cheers - Its that dead first 1/4 that I want to get rid of.

I understand its just a recalibration of the existing unit in effect.

All the more recent fitments like Octavia VRs and Mk7 Golf seem to have a longer cable off the throttle so it looks a MUCH simpler fitment.

I can feel the top of the connector so have started to hunt out my torx to release the pedal and see if I can do it without having to get that special removal tool thing as I see the plastic fittings are prone to breaking off.

2010 Tiguan Summit Auto

2005 MkV Golf GTi DSG

2009 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3T St4 Auto

#4 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

If your pedal input is taking 1/4 of the way to have any feedback on guessing you have a bad pedal. If you have vcds you can open up diagnostics and see if it's actually got a dead zone. Watching throttle position.

As far as removing the pedal I hear you. I broke the tabs on my TDIs pedal removing it. But found an easy way to remove it without breaking. Just have to be careful and pull straight up, any angle will snap the tabs. There was a recall I believe on defective pedals a while back on some models.

I've probably recalibrated and reset many pedals when I do vcds tweaking as well as reset the transmission computer. Usually when a cars been driven like a grandma the computer adapts to that driving style. Resetting the TCM will allow it to readapt to your driving style more quicky.

Either way good luck with the pedal box.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.