IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SEL 2.0 TSI 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Rural Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:27 AM

Oh I totally see it as a necessity. I totally blame the media for causing more than half if not all the current issues. The instant they latch on to a story and out their twist on it causing panic buying is only hurting the smaller families that live check to check. Like I said they keep talking total lockdown and it's already out panic on the air. I've survived it as well as a few friends and I've had friends lose loved ones. I just don't quite know what the proper way to get people to understand the severity of it without making people homeless because they can't pay rent because bthe banks still want their money so landlords and mortgages are still due. If we need to shut down for 6 weeks shut ever thing down free rent and leases, freeze payments no penalties etc.

They contribute most of the huge spike in numbers this last few weeks to people having electtion night parties and people eating in long lines to drop their ballots off in the separate ballot drop because no one wanted to mail them due to once again the media. It's just a hmgiant mess here in the states right now.

British Columbia to my north has set curfew at 10pm now. Border is still closed, yet commercial traffic still roars by 24/7 by my place, stopping to fuel up eat at the restaurants etc as it's essential business.

Being immuno compromised myself I've been doing my best to lay low. I've spent the last two weeks getting work done and stuff returned making payments via Electronic means. Not going to bring any more work in for the foreseeable future. And sadly right now I'm struggling. Pains up fatigue is thru the roof and our country is at war with each other over the election. It's honestly sad. In a time we should be pulling together we are falling apart because X dormtee for B and Y voted for T and Z voted for J. I've pretty much stopped looking at FB because of it and now with all the new media sites it's just gotten ugly so I basically gave up on it.

Sad to say the worst is yet to come here. Should full lockdown occur I fear the riots will turn very violent.
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 2.0 TSI, 4 Motion, 6 Speed Tiptronic, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST

APR Stage 1, Hartmann Euromesh 4 GA 18x8, Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, Custom Leveling Kit

Previous: 2011 Golf TDI Stage 2+, 2008 Jetta S 2.5, 1965 VW Beetle
Other Rides: 2017 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 SuperLow

Complete Mod list now on my profile

“Good cars get you from point A to point B. Great cars…Well they just get you in to trouble.” —Unknown

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

#562 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 103TDI Pacific
  • Where are you located?:Australia
  • Additional Location Information::Tasmania

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:01 AM

Unfortunately I suspect this is the result of too little too late and should have been done months ago. With the USA so divided at present I can’t see anything working properly ... really the train well and truly left the station months back. I wish you all luck because you’re going to need it. As far as the vaccine goes it’s not yet approved or known how long it will work or if there are side effects yet to be found or how they’re going to even distribute it as it needs -70C freezers to hold it. So any talk of who will get it is “premature” to say the least. From what it appears now it will take years to provide sufficient vaccine IF it works and virtually everyone will need to be vaccinated before anything gets back to normal. Anybody who thinks this is nearly over is sucking dream tablets !! High fuel prices might just get some reality to hit home in fuel hungry countries, we already pay well over $100 to tank up the Tig and the Brits pay even more. The end point to me is this, you can resuscitate an economy, it’s been done plenty of times with wars, economic collapses etc, you can’t resuscitate dead family and friends !! To me that’s the end game, every day above ground is worth working and fighting for !!

You're so sensible, Derek, you could be an Aussie! Then you could be awarded a Koala Stamp with gum leaf clusters. Fully agree - the vax is a long way off. It's the anti-vaxxers that keep me awake at night.

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

Currently, undergoing internship to become a member of the OFC

#563 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:57 AM

Oooh Ahhhhh with gum leaf clusters ... I’m honoured ... no really lol !!!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#564 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:55 PM

I had to have them surgically removed once Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#565 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

A few counties in Oregon State just put in place to implement a 14 day stay at home order.. my guess Washington won't be too far behind with what King Inslee said last night. Like I said above enforcement will be key.
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 2.0 TSI, 4 Motion, 6 Speed Tiptronic, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST

APR Stage 1, Hartmann Euromesh 4 GA 18x8, Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, Custom Leveling Kit

“Good cars get you from point A to point B. Great cars…Well they just get you in to trouble.” —Unknown

#566 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 04:25 AM

I had to have them surgically removed once Derek

Was that a bum year for you, Mick?

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

#567 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:11 AM

Was that a bum year for you, Mick?

you could say it was my vineyard year because of a bunch of grapes lol

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#568 ONLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

A few counties in Oregon State just put in place to implement a 14 day stay at home order.. my guess Washington won't be too far behind with what King Inslee said last night. Like I said above enforcement will be key.

Dan, whatever happens around you, stay safe.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#569 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:08 PM

King Inslee just later down a new mandate effective tomorrow.. restaurants back to takeout only, gyms now minimal inside patrons, stores limited to 25 at a time. Every store I passed today was packed, lines out into the parking lot. No TP again and shelves being cleared off. No more than 5 people from outside your household for Thanksgiving.. next 4 weeks minimum, it till the numbers drop again. Said it's the saddest day in the state in the last 100 years, prior was spanish flu. Well I don't have to be anywhere or go anyplace anytime soon so back to hunkering down for the foreseeable future.

OEM+ OR BUST

#570 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:31 AM

King Inslee just later down a new mandate effective tomorrow.. restaurants back to takeout only, gyms now minimal inside patrons, stores limited to 25 at a time. Every store I passed today was packed, lines out into the parking lot. No TP again and shelves being cleared off. No more than 5 people from outside your household for Thanksgiving.. next 4 weeks minimum, it till the numbers drop again. Said it's the saddest day in the state in the last 100 years, prior was spanish flu. Well I don't have to be anywhere or go anyplace anytime soon so back to hunkering down for the foreseeable future.

Wise move, Dan. Just reading a book about attitudes during the London Blitz, that my parents lived through. It seems that there will always be those who do the wrong thing, but that shouldn't stop others from doing the right thing. We have a hotline in Tas which I rang to ask whether driving 5km to a beach for a walk was allowed. This and general respect for the govt (even if you voted for the other parties) meant that nearly everyone behaved well (I was admonished by a check out lady for not standing exactly on my distancing mark!). The take home is the old criminal's saying, "If we don't hang together, we'll all hang separately". Take care.

#571 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:07 AM

Agree with you Mike 100%, that’s where I think Jacinda’s using the “team of five million” rang true with myself and many other Kiwis. As you say there’s always those who think they know better but if the majority tow the line we can usually get there.
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#572 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:19 AM

Have heard no more about the Auckland outbreak - has it been stopped?

South Australia has an outbreak too with 17 cases identified (probably from a quarantine hotel). This thing is a tricky beast.

#573 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:13 AM

The first Auckland outbreak that led to an increase to level
2 again is all sorted. Just last week another single case was found and that had the cbd almost shut down etc but that’s also sorted now after growing to just two cases. Now they’re about to make mask wearing on all public transport in Auckland compulsory with $1,000 fine for not doing so. Then they’re making all flights within NZ masked only as well. So, as usual they’re staying ahead of the game !!
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand

#574 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:20 PM

After the SA outbreak, it looks like the the NZ/AUS travel bubble is off with Jacinda saying that we don't take community transmission seriously enough. I fully support her attitude and it has become an obligation to protect your own town/state/country first.

Tas is putting a whole new list of regulations owing to the SA outbreak, even contacting SA tourists on 3 day tramps here to immediately self-isolate - heavy stuff but that is what is needed. This is a time when 'liberties' have to come second, and I'm a lifelong lefty!

#575 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

I’m with you again, don’t understand why people feel their “right to choose” includes everybody else’s health !!!
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand

#576 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:27 AM

Well after last night, and another trip today, $500 poorer my pantry is busting at the seans. And I've got a 1/4 if beef, 7 chickens and a sizable hunk of pig being butchered up to stuff the freezer. For another hunk of change. I shouldn't have to go anywhere till the new year at this rate. Just need to get a Smoked Turkey for Thanksgiving and A Halibut Roast for Christmas and I'll be set.

OEM+ OR BUST

#577 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:25 AM

Halibut Roast! - do tell - haven't had or seen a halibut for 30 years. You'll be telling me next you have a thriving fishing industry in Washington. Here on the island of Tas, it is really hard to buy good fish.

#578 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:00 AM

We actually got to fish Salmon for the first time in many years on the river I live near, but I didn't get a chance to get out. Got myself a nice Silver and a king 5 years ago last time we were able. As far as the Halibut, I've got connections. It's been a bad run the last few years out in the San Juan Islands but I managed to get a nice slab of Halibut this year from a friend who loves to fish but doesn't like to eat fish. Lol. Just a small 4 pound hunk of Halibut for our Christmas dinner. We usually do tradional turkey on Thanksgiving, and Fish on Christmas, and this year is finally my year. Due to the restrictions we won't be spending it at my sister's due to the limit of 5 from outside your household rule, so wish me luck it's been 15+ years some I've done the full gambit, but I'm cheating and ordered a smoked Turkey from the local BBQ joint. Lol! So all I've got to do is get my sourdough starter going, and some sides, pumpkin and a pecan pie, and not go crazy since it's just going to be 3 of us..

OEM+ OR BUST

#579 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:58 PM

Great to read about another region doing well

https://www.nytimes....tia-canada.html

#580 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:49 AM

Really could also be describing most of NZ now. Where we are there’s zero effect though we’re maintaining tracing etc just in case. I think that’s the point, you can never be too careful, look how it’s just bounced in Adelaide !! Think they’ve done the right thing with their lockdown though I’m not sure it’s long enough, hopefully it will be.
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.