mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 103TDI Pacific
  • Where are you located?:Australia
  • Additional Location Information::Tasmania

Posted 31 October 2020 - 05:45 AM

Yes, tourism is a two-edged sword - when living in Queenstown 45 years ago, the local kids loathed the way the tourists took over 'their' town. Income and jobs for many but at what price? I am told workers have to commute from hours away as accommodation in QT is so pricey. Tas is now addicted to the tourist dollar, but hopefully we will not see cruise ships for many years, while many of the proposed developments are not looking too clever. But with little industry with most of it outsourced what choice is there? The kids leave for work and the main growth area is retirees.

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

Currently, undergoing internship to become a member of the OFC

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

#542 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12941 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 31 October 2020 - 04:09 PM

Attached File  pic-43.JPG   51.49KB   4 downloads

(click on pic)

Current: 2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport - Comfortline 3.6L in Pacific Blue

Previous: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior.

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#543 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:16 AM

Some good news: The State of Victoria, which had 730 new cases in June (the worst outbreak in Aus and roughly the same as the UK number at the time)  has now gone ten days without a single new case or death and has just 4 existing cases. This outcome has been achieved with the Premier opposing Federal govt pressure to relax regulations and with a heavy hand that democracies are not accustomed to.

Unsure how this would work elsewhere, but the world's longest lockdown and associated procedures in Victoria deserve a look.

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

#544 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SEL 2.0 TSI 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Rural Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:07 AM

70-90 new cases this last week alone in my area. Blaming people having Election night parties. Now they are doing serious lockdowns for Thanksgiving gatherings and most likely imposing travel bans and restrictions.
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 2.0 TSI, 4 Motion, 6 Speed Tiptronic, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST

APR Stage 1, Hartmann Euromesh 4 GA 18x8, Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, Custom Leveling Kit

Previous: 2011 Golf TDI Stage 2+, 2008 Jetta S 2.5, 1965 VW Beetle
Other Rides: 2017 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 SuperLow

Complete Mod list now on my profile

“Good cars get you from point A to point B. Great cars…Well they just get you in to trouble.” —Unknown

#545 OFFLINE   marchie

marchie

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • My Tiguan:150 TDi Match
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Fife, Scotland and Vendee, France

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:28 PM

Scotland COVID Cases appear to be stabilising at around 900 each day and the 7 day average for COVID deaths is 25 per day. To think that Daily cases were in single figures in June/July and we went 10 days in a row with no deaths ...

Steve

Steve BOFC, OFC, MOG and barred from most things

#546 ONLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:49 AM

Very best wishes from here to there, Steve. We've just had the first bottle of bubbly now that the #1 moron is on the way out and are saving bottle #2 for his apprentice in the UK to be booted. I might have to buy another case as there are at least another dozen to go.

#547 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

My wife’s school now has 12 pupils and 5 staff inc the head and my sister in-law has just come down with it her age and weight aren’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#548 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:23 PM

What's the story on your side of Canada Garry? Hearing BC is imposing Curfews and most of the province is going back to stage 1.
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL, 2.0 TSI, 4 Motion, 6 Speed Tiptronic, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST

APR Stage 1, Hartmann Euromesh 4 GA 18x8, Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, Custom Leveling Kit

“Good cars get you from point A to point B. Great cars…Well they just get you in to trouble.” —Unknown

#549 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12941 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 01:40 AM

New cases and deaths are on the rise across Canada with the largest increases in Quebec and Ontario. In Quebec we are at the highest level "Red". Here is today's Quebec reporting.

Today, Tuesday, Quebec reported 38 new COVID-19 deaths, the most it has added since mid-June. And for the sixth consecutive day, more than 1,100 new cases were registered.

New infections numbered 1,162. Of the 38 deaths, nine occurred over the past 24 hours. 

A total of 534 people are in hospital with COVID-19, a drop of six. Among those in hospital, six more are in intensive care for a total of 82.

Here are Canada's numbers as of Nov 10th, 7pm:

Total cases 273,037

Active cases 41,126

Deaths 10,632

New cases 4,302

Percent positive 2.6%

That's it for now.

Garry

Previous: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior.

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#550 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:17 AM

SWMBO and I are sitting here really feeling for you guys ... and gals. We are so fortunate ... so far ... here on our little island we're actually feeling almost guilty but I guess NZ did the hard yards early on and we have a lot of small island “privileges” when it comes to things like this. There are several smaller islands in the pacific that have stayed totally covid free so far ... mind you that’s a good thing as their health infrastructure couldn’t cope with much. All our best goes to all of you that are copping repeats of restrictions etc. let’s all hope this vaccine that being touted at the moment is all that is hoped for and gets distributed sooner rather than later !!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#551 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:01 AM

Well maybe something will become of this vaccine that magically just showed up in the last day.

OEM+ OR BUST

#552 ONLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

Not quite magic Dan.  It's been trialled for several months on over 43000 volunteers across 6 countries, but it's still waiting for official approval and regulation etc.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#553 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:13 AM

I've been out of the loop lately trying to avoid all the political junk. I had heard if the trials, but just found it funny that it was immediately following our election when Lily and Pfizer announced it was coming.

OEM+ OR BUST

#554 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:45 AM

I have read that this vaccine is so different to other vaccines as this one actually enters the affected human cells and kills them. As I’ve seen the film I am legend with Will Smith I’ll wait a bit longer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#555 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:08 PM

Shows you how serious they are here in NZ, one new community case yesterday in Auckland. She worked in the cbd and today all other workers in the cbd have been told to work from home. They have full tracing information on the woman and that’s being given out on the news. Everybody that was anywhere near her in those places have been told to get tested and isolate until they have the result. The case is expected to be linked to other earlier cases in the area and they’re hopeful this won’t get too big BUT nobody knows yet. Oh and Black Friday shopping in Auckland central has been shut down. Serious steps for a single case .... so far !!
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#556 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:14 AM

Biden is already trying to impose a full 6 week total shutdown here.. emergency services only everything else shuttered. Going to be interesting once he takes power.

OEM+ OR BUST

#557 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12941 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:48 AM

Do you prefer what Mr T is doing about it? NOTHING.

#558 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

My Tiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 2538 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:10 AM

I honestly don't really know. No one really followed the original lockdown so a 6 week lockdown will only cause mass hysteria. Stores are already limiting essentials again one pack of TP limiting canned goods, diapers etc because people are already freaking out. The governor was on TV and wants Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty much canceled, no travel minimal gatherings, etc. I agree this is something that needs done but there has to be a better way to enforce the violators. The more we are locked down the more kids and teens will be sneaking out doing what they want as before. In my opinion I think the CDC should be laying down the rules and giving us the information, right now depending bon what media source you listen to I've heard at least 10 different versions now on the vaccine, some are saying if we don't get the vaccine we will lose our drivers licenses others are saying only the immuno compromised nwill get the shot, and some are saying the shots will not be covered by any insurance as they have yet to be fully tested. It's just so confusing right now over here and not being able to trust or rely on any news outlet has only caused panic and hording again.

I went into my local store for just a few essentials today and the canned goods, non perishable goods, canned meats, rice, diapers were all wiped out. And meat prices were astronomical. $8.99 for 80% ground beef. And now they are saying $8-10 a gallon gas is on the horizon.

OEM+ OR BUST

#559 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:47 AM

Unfortunately I suspect this is the result of too little too late and should have been done months ago. With the USA so divided at present I can’t see anything working properly ... really the train well and truly left the station months back. I wish you all luck because you’re going to need it. As far as the vaccine goes it’s not yet approved or known how long it will work or if there are side effects yet to be found or how they’re going to even distribute it as it needs -70C freezers to hold it. So any talk of who will get it is “premature” to say the least. From what it appears now it will take years to provide sufficient vaccine IF it works and virtually everyone will need to be vaccinated before anything gets back to normal. Anybody who thinks this is nearly over is sucking dream tablets !! High fuel prices might just get some reality to hit home in fuel hungry countries, we already pay well over $100 to tank up the Tig and the Brits pay even more. The end point to me is this, you can resuscitate an economy, it’s been done plenty of times with wars, economic collapses etc, you can’t resuscitate dead family and friends !! To me that’s the end game, every day above ground is worth working and fighting for !!
Derek

Alexandra
New Zealand

#560 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12941 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:50 AM

Brings to mind a saying:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time”.

Keep safe Dan we need you.

Garry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.