• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5354 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Mike, I’m sure sheep racing has been tried in NZ but the harness aspect sounds very interesting lol !! We have some members of parliament that I would happily volunteer to you as crash test dummies if that would help lol.

Rack arrived yesterday and I managed to get it all assembled and trialed on the Tig. Amazingly well
thought out and manufactured unit (from Taiwan, called a Buzzrack here) and the attached light even have reversing lamps. Can actually open the hatch with bikes loaded I think but it all tilts down anyway to create even more room. Now all we need is bikes to put on it !!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 12:29 AM

#22 OFFLINE   mike2020

mike2020

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 103TDI Pacific
  • Where are you located?:Australia
  • Additional Location Information::Tasmania

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:32 AM

Mate, your pollies are positively Einstein-level philanthropists compared with the contents of the 13 (yes, you read that correctly) houses of parliament we have here.

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

#23 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5354 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:23 AM

Update. Picked the bikes up yesterday morning in Queenstown. Found the new Buzz Rack to be extremely good and even the guys at the bike shop were very impressed with it. Drove through to Cromwell which is 60km of extremely windy river gorge driving and the rack barely wobbled on the back .... thankfully. After lunch we unloaded the bikes (while doing that two couples passing by commented on what great looking bikes they are) and went for our first easy trail ride 4km out and back so 8km total. They’re right about the fact that you don’t forget how to ride a bike BUT starting and stopping you do forget !!! These bikes aren’t light and that combined with not being certain of settings etc had me ending up sitting in the dirt twice but fortunately at zero forward speed both times. Nothing hurt but pride lol. Missus didn’t can off at all but did have some “interesting” stops. Great ride though and I’m sure we’ll get more competent as time goes by.

Oh and the big news was that the shop had a “flash sale” for the weekend with 10% off everything and they honoured that with us even though we’d done the deal over a week ago !! So winners all round !!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#24 ONLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1466 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

Well done to both of you, a great new hobby and it will keep you fit.

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users