#1 OFFLINE   DougS

DougS

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Sport 4Motion 6speed
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Midlands

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:32 PM

A new owner, bought a 2010 Tiguan Sport last week. The Tiguan owner's manual (Tom) has to be the worst handbook I have ever read, and I have owned lots of different cars. Warning, Caution and Danger boxes everywhere. A pity they didn't put as much effort into providing useful content.
I have learned more from this forum and YouTube videos than from Tom.
Anyway, just posting to say 'Hi', hope to learn more from you good people.
2010 Sport 4Motion,

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 12:46 AM

#2 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1641 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

Hi DougS and welcome to our very friendly and informative forum. 

I couldn't agree more: It seems like the lawyers spent a lot of time on the manuals ensuring any information given couldn't end up in a court case. To the extent they've buried any useful information so deep It's difficult to find. 

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#3 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4098 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

It's all about health and safety these days.  There are too many people around wanting to wrap everyone up in cotton wool and frightened of being sued.  When I was growing up it was normal to get a cut, bruise or scratch etc. and get on with life, but these days you dare hardly breathe near someone.  All manuals and products now seem to focus on what to do and what not to do, rather than explain things that matter in more detail.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#4 OFFLINE   masster

masster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 R-Line 1.4 TSI 90kW CAXA
  • Where are you located?:Romania

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

Regardless, I would like to ask if anyone has PDF versions of all printed owner's manuals for my 2015 Tiguan in English. I bought my car from Germany and it came with all owner's manuals printed in German :-|

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.