Obdeleven /VCDS newbie: basics - Modifications & 'How to' Guides - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Obdeleven /VCDS newbie: basics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 Comfortline fwd
  • Additional Location Information::canada

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Just bought an obdeleven and looking to do some changes to my 2011 Tig 2.0tsi. Also have a Euro switch and looking to program drl front lights from headlights to parking led .Also, key fob roll windows up /down etc.. I know VCDS programming for these two changes has been touched on /done by many folks. Having never used obdeleven nor anything similar are coding procedures the same . And finally, from what I ve researched so far, there is long coding vs shortcuts?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 07:22 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12156 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

I had a good friend using VCDS change my DRLs to the fog lights on my, at the time, a 2011 Comfortline. He also had all windows including the Pano open and close using the FOB.

I am sure someone on here will be able to help you.

Cheers!

Old Dog

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#3 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 5574 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

I just Googled “odbeleven teaks” and what returned was extensive. When i got my first VCDS cable, after doing extensive research on the web, I sat in the car for a whole day and experimented. Then back to the web to read again, and again. While I don’t know the ODBeleven interface, the coding will be the exact same as with VCDS.

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#4 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:28 AM

Thanks Old Dog ... Yes, pano sunroof closing will be part of the key fob activation that will be handy when rain starts etc with tilted roof and open windows.

Ok thanks Shawn, that info clarifies what I was hoping was the case regarding coding between vcds and obdeleven.

#5 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:55 AM

I use the ODB11 often, just recently my wife bought a T-Cross (don't know if you have this in Canada, a shorter tig like version of the Polo) and i enabled the headlights to switch between dip and main beam. I already had all the electronics, camera etc, just wasn't a feature the car was sold with. 

Providing you bought the 'pro' version you can do anything with it. If you only bought the basic you're restricted to using the built in 'apps' which are pre coded changes.

For coding on what you can do look at http://obdeleven.pro...board/26/tiguan there are subsections 5N which is the original mk1 and FL which is the facelift version.

You can also trawl all the VW sections for coding but realise that your tig is equivalent to around mk5/6 golf etc. The newer models the coding varies, but it doesn't stop you looking and getting ideas.

I'm away at the moment, but next week I'll dig out my changes to share. You say about changing DRL from headlights to parking LED, can you clarify are these the parking lights you've changed to LED's? 

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#6 ONLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5334 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:22 AM

Does the ODB11 need a laptop or is it self contained ? The thing that puts me off VCDS is the need for another laptop when I run all Mac gear !!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#7 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:46 AM

Derek, I'm in the same boat as you and have just done a quick search.  It looks like you plug the device into your OBD port and then control from a phone app.  The phone app seems to be only for android at the moment, but with a version for IOS becoming available sometime next year.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#8 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4372 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk2 SEL DSG 2.0 TSI in Black
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:17 AM

Does the OBD 11 work on the Mk2 as I had to upgrade my VCDS to the later one for full functionality. The early VCDS cable wouldn’t communicate withe the roof or the LCD and ICE on the Mk2.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#9 ONLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5334 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:18 PM

Derek, I'm in the same boat as you and have just done a quick search. It looks like you plug the device into your OBD port and then control from a phone app. The phone app seems to be only for android at the moment, but with a version for IOS becoming available sometime next year.

Thanks Steve, guess we’ll just have to sit and wait until an iOS system comes out .... then find it will only work on the latest iPhone iteration that costs $2500 !!!!!!!
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#10 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:36 PM

Yes, unfortunately it's one of the few things that bows to the god i-everything. I use it on an android tablet.  The IOS version is now available, but a more expensive 'new' version of the device, and not as much functionality as the  android version. 

Yes it works with all versions of all VW's, just been using it with my misses 2019 T-Cross quite successfully. 

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#11 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for all the practical feedback!

No T Cross in Canada, but in my opinion there should be. We re getting "Tharu" ..looks like downsized mk2 tig /front end like Atlas. I ll wait for Mk3 Tig myself.

I have pro version.The "5N" info etc is what I m seeing related to mk1 tig, thanks for explaining that!

Yes, Led parking light bulbs I m changing to then programming euro switch to use as DRL.

I see a bunch of mk2 tig owners on vwvortex discussing the use of obdeleven, so it works on mk2 s.

I m an android (Samsung phone plus tablet )user for life ,so Apple proprietary problems plus expense and development not an issue.

#12 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12156 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

tig11, FYI you can edit your post and make any necessary change(s). I took the liberty of editing your post with your correction. I will delete your correction post.

All the best,

OD

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#13 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

So I m looking to try out obdeleven and I ve downloaded the app on my android (Samsung )phone. I ve contacted obdeleven about registering with them and they are telling me that when I open app I can press" Sign in" , then tap "Sign up " on blue button. None of these options exist on the app I downloaded which is the only obdeleven app available.
I ve asked if the unit has to be plugged in to vehicle to sign in/ sign up perhaps?.. days ago and still waiting on answer..

#14 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

It's a while since I did this (several years actually) I think you need to plug it into the car, ensure ignition is on, then pair the app with the device. Then I believe it asks you to register.

I'll pop it up on my tablet in a bit and see if I can be more help...

Richard. OFC ®

#15 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:45 PM

Ok, does your screen look like this?

Attached File  Screenshot_20200113-193936_OBDeleven.jpg   367.84KB   4 downloads

Click on the 3 bars top left next to the word ODBELEVEN. This will open up a menu

Attached File  Screenshot_20200113-194022_OBDeleven.jpg   163.69KB   4 downloads

Where mine shows logoff, where I expect you'll find login...

Any help to you?

Richard. OFC ®

#16 OFFLINE   jayro

jayro

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1256 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SE 140 4Motion DSG

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:34 PM

Bad news to all VCDS owners and other OBD port tweeking devices as VW has seen fit to lock the modules on the Golf MK8 and I think it will not be too long before it is applied to other models

Dont shoot the messenger, info passed on to me by an other member who might elaborate.

#17 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 5574 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

And the cat and mouse game continues. I would not lose sleep just yet. Every lock has a key, you just have to find it. FCA has put a security module on their 2018+ vehicles, so that most OBD scan tools can only read DTC and cannot clear them, or do coding. Sure enough Autel created a cable to bypass the security module. We just purchased one and then were able to recode a 2018 jeep. So let the MK8 hit the market and let’s see what Ross-Tech and others do.

Shawn

#18 OFFLINE   jayro

jayro

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1256 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SE 140 4Motion DSG

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:19 AM

I hope so Shawn this is an infringement on your rights in my opinion just like the warranty fiasco the Mfd's ran on it being invalidated if you used an other franchise garage or Indy to do your servicing whilst under warranty.

#19 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 5574 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

Totally agree. I am not really sure how FCA is getting away with the security module and how no one has taken it to court yet. That said, the vehicles are under warranty so indie garages will not be doing much yet. On the jeep the module is under the dash and easy to access, but on some vehicles they are placing it behind the radio. Just wait until a customer is told he/she has to pay to have the radio removed in order to work on the vehicle.

Shawn

#20 OFFLINE   tig11

tig11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

Ok,thanks Tricky. I ll plug in unit in coming days ..that makes sense in that it should be connected to register/sign in /up. I never heard back from obdeleven themselves.

Interesting re golf Mk8 and FCA locked modules..but as Shawn states, there are usually ways to get by it .We ll have to see what happens..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users