myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

For the life of me I remember when my TMPS light would come on,it would say Check X Tire in the MFD. It would on my Golf when I had a tire low. I picked up a screw in my brand new tires today and saw the light come on while on the highway. Pulled off in the shoulder to find my right rear low after checking all of them. I don't know if I changed coding some how or I'm dreaming that it would telle what tire it was. I have the indirect sensing via ABS.

I also curious how it knows a tire has been removed. As soon as I pull out of the tire shop i get the message to reset the tire pressure.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior with Black V Tex Leatherette seating.

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

#2 OFFLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5288 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

If you gave indirect ABS sensing you have never been able to see which tyre has the problem.
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#3 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

Thanks NZ. My Golf had the same sensors and it would oddly. Or at least a Check Tires message and a ding when the light came on. I've hardly seen it on the Tiggy. Just surprised me, I was concentrating on the traffic and looked down to see the light on. Just making sure when I was playing with the coding to try and make Off Road work I didn't mess up coding someplace.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior with Black V Tex Leatherette seating.

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

#4 OFFLINE   marchie

marchie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • My Tiguan:150 TDi Match
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Fife, Scotland and Vendee, France

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:50 PM

I

Thanks NZ. My Golf had the same sensors and it would oddly. Or at least a Check Tires message and a ding when the light came on. I've hardly seen it on the Tiggy. Just surprised me, I was concentrating on the traffic and looked down to see the light on. Just making sure when I was playing with the coding to try and make Off Road work I didn't mess up coding someplace.

I think the 'Check your tyre pressures' is a time interval 'nagging message'. I bought my Tig in late October 2018 and drove to Spain from Scotland with a caravan hooked up. About 2 miles from journey's end on 6th December 2018, the Warning Light illuminated and scared me witless [new car, no Spanish language skills to speak of etc]. Made it to the Caravan Site and found the required instructions in the Owner's Manual, so all back to normal.

9th June 2019, on the way back from a short break at a French campsite, the TPMS Warning Light showed again, same rigmarole as the December 2018 episode. Uncannily close to 'exactly 6 months' territory! This reminds me, in order to try and avoid a hat-trick of Warning Lights, I intend to find the TPMS 'Yes, I'm still happy with my Tyre Pressures and have checked them several times over the last 5 months+, Mother' Warning Screen before setting off for Spain next week [and before it finds me!].

Of course, if I 'get my retaliation in first' as Willie John McBride used to put it, and the TPMS STILL goes into 'Nag Mode', I'll be no happy as West coast of Scotland parlance would have it ... :razz:

Steve

Steve BOFC, OFC, MOG and barred from most things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users