myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:03 PM

For those of you that are able to receive free map updates, the latest have recently been released. (5NA.919.866. S1310 ECE1 2020).  Also, DiscoverCare seems to be working ok, but seems just as slow to download as it has been in the past.  It also looks as if VW haven't resolved the issue about incorrect speed limits showing.  I'm still getting incorrect displays on the roads near me.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

#22 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

Well, it's that time of year again and the latest map update is available.  I've just downloaded and installed the latest maps (5NA.919.866.AH 1410 ECE1 2020/21) onto my SD card using DiscoverCare.  However,  I haven't been out for a drive yet to see how things are regarding incorrect speed limit displays in the previous update.  I will report back later.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#23 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

Well I've been out for a very short drive and the speed limit in my road is 30mph, but the display on my sat nav is showing 20mph.  Looks like this has not been sorted out since the previous map update.  :headbang:

Update

I've been out again, along a dual carriageway, where the speed limit is 70mph and the sat nav is still displaying 60mph as it did previously.  It would appear that VW still haven't resolved this issue.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#24 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

Well I've been out for a very short drive and the speed limit in my road is 30mph, but the display on my sat nav is showing 20mph.  Looks like this has not been sorted out since the previous map update.  :headbang:

Update

I've been out again, along a dual carriageway, where the speed limit is 70mph and the sat nav is still displaying 60mph as it did previously.  It would appear that VW still haven't resolved this issue.

I'll wait then till they sort it.

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#25 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

I'll wait then till they sort it.

You may be waiting a long time Mick.  I've opened a case with VW, but I'm not very optimistic.  They are forwarding it to their Digital Feedback Team!!   :whistle:

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#26 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4651 posts
  • My Tiguan:2020 white 2.0 TDI DSG R Line
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

You may be waiting a long time Mick.  I've opened a case with VW, but I'm not very optimistic.  They are forwarding it to their Digital Feedback Team!!   :whistle:

That could be a very very long time.

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#27 OFFLINE   Farmer1

Farmer1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 TDI DSG
  • Where are you located?:Ireland

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

If you don't get a response from VW you could try going direct to source. The maps are provided by Here. They have their own free navigation app called Here WeGo, which you can download on a smartphone. If they have the wrong speed limit on their own app then its never going to be in corrected in the VW updates.

A friend of mine used to be employed by them, back when it was called Navteq to continuously drive around the country and make those updates. Looks like they may have cut back on resources in that department, as speed limits in my area are now over 2 years out of date.

I found a Here web site where you could suggest speed limit changes your self, but the updates I put in there last year are still not available on the app.

#28 OFFLINE   Farmer1

Farmer1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 TDI DSG
  • Where are you located?:Ireland

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:08 PM

Here is the website that I mentioned where you can check what speed limits Here have for the roads and suggest revisions:

https://mapcreator.h...creator-basics/

Like I said before, I don't have too much faith in this working as I made updates over a year ago and still don't see them in the Here WeGo map.

But it seems Here do intend to allow a degree of crowd sourcing the speed limit data.

#29 OFFLINE   Petermarg

Petermarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • My Tiguan:TIGUAN MATCH EDTDI BMT 4, 2016
  • Additional Location Information::Derbyshire

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Hi all, down loaded the Discover care program for windows from vw website, it recognized my sd card said it had an update, it wiped my card then down loaded update and installed it on my sd card, no problems.

I’d previously done it on my iPad but had a few problems.

May 2012 Tiguan Sport & Style BM Tech. 2.0 l TDI 103 kW (140 PS) 6-speed

Just to let everyone know I picked up my new to me 2015 Tiguan Match TDI BMT 4 Motion today, 27/12/2017.

Derbyshire

Peter

#30 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

Now you have the latest maps, check to see if any of the roads you are travelling on are showing incorrect speed limits.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#31 OFFLINE   Petermarg

Petermarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • My Tiguan:TIGUAN MATCH EDTDI BMT 4, 2016
  • Additional Location Information::Derbyshire

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

All speeds correct 

May 2012 Tiguan Sport & Style BM Tech. 2.0 l TDI 103 kW (140 PS) 6-speed

Just to let everyone know I picked up my new to me 2015 Tiguan Match TDI BMT 4 Motion today, 27/12/2017.

Derbyshire

Peter

#32 OFFLINE   jayro

jayro

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SE 140 4Motion DSG

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

I do not want to risk screwing up my VW SD card in my Discovery Media Gen 2 and was looking at buying a VW card off ebay at circa £30 as an every day back upo card to update the maps

Has any one done this or seen how to initilaise a standard SD card I have cloned HDD drives including all the hidden particions, can this be done with the VW SD map cards

#33 OFFLINE   Roy03

Roy03

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • My Tiguan:Match 4MT in wild cherry
  • Additional Location Information::West Sussex

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

I bought a second hand card off Ebay to use as a backup, and I've had no problems with it. Every time there's an update I do them both, sometimes with Warriors help, but they always seem to work OK,

Roy

Member of the OFC

#34 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1793 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 28 November 2020 - 12:51 PM

Got this from mk2 forum, Latest MIB update available now,  released 23/11/20 

https://webspecial.v...maps-download#/

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#35 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4204 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:50 AM

I updated mine this week.  Still the same old problems though.  30 mph local area showing as 20mph and dual carriageways showing 60 mph instead of 70mph.  After the previous update I did contact VW, but as you can guess, no joy at all.   :headbang:    I may as well have written to the residents in our local cemetery. 

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#36 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1793 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:51 PM

I don't understand this, ok my mib2 unit is in my misses T-Cross, but we've not seen this once. We mostly drive around south Wales, but have ventured as far as berkshire, no wrong speed displays. I know many mk2 Tig drivers are complaining of this in here and the mk2 forum, so, is it the coding in the Tig? 

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#37 OFFLINE   PaulR

PaulR

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • My Tiguan:Allspace RLn 4M DSG2.0TSI(220)

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:51 PM

My son-in-law bought a new Allspace R-Line in early 2020. I loved it so much I bought a similar Allspace in June 2020. We both love out Tiggies apart from the satnav showing wrong UK speed limits. Typically as mentioned by others, some 30mph roads show as 20mph and some 70mph roads show as 60mph in places. I have a piece of road which comes out of a village at 30mph limit, onto a slip road at 60mph limit and then onto the A14 dual carriageway with a 70mph limit. When I drive this it shows first 30mph then onto the slip at 60mph and then changes to 70mph on the A14. Sadly about a mile along the road it changes to 60mph and tells me I have exceeded the speed limit, which of course I have not. Believing this to be caused by the map database I went onto the Volkswagen website and found several different maps that include the UK and were new for November 2020 so I believe they are the latest. I have downloaded the new maps via 7zip to my VW SD card, put it back into the car and it works fine apart from the original fault of showing wrong speed limits. I have downloaded 3 different map sets so far, the latest one just seems to cover the UK and Iceland, but they are no better. My local VW dealer tells me that they are aware of the problem but do not have a fix yet! I thought this was something new but by reading this forum I see that this issue has been going on for some years. Has anyone found a solution for this? 

#38 OFFLINE   Shaun170

Shaun170

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 SE 140 DSG 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::Surrey

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:17 AM

I gave up using my cars satnav long long ago. It picked the most peculiar longer routes on journeys I knew when I used it for traffic delay purposes. So I didn’t trust it on routes I didn’t know.

Try using it on a route you know to see how it compares with how you’d go.

Don’t you have Apple or android car play in your car? If you do I’d use Waze or google maps all day long over the VW system.
2013 2.0L SE 4Motion DSG in Silver Leaf Metalic Full black heated leather Satnav DAB Blutooth Park assist Reversing camera Powerfold mirrors off of key fob with LED puddle lights Rear footwell lights LED interior lights LED Door puddle lights Big digital speedo Needle sweep on ignition Bumper under run guards Mudflaps Bonnet struts Retrofit DSG steering wheel & Cruise Control Full electric tailgate with foot kick kit and Sharan dash button Mk7 Golf climate panel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.