myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:03 PM

For those of you that are able to receive free map updates, the latest have recently been released. (5NA.919.866. S1310 ECE1 2020).  Also, DiscoverCare seems to be working ok, but seems just as slow to download as it has been in the past.  It also looks as if VW haven't resolved the issue about incorrect speed limits showing.  I'm still getting incorrect displays on the roads near me.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 07:34 AM

#22 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

Well, it's that time of year again and the latest map update is available.  I've just downloaded and installed the latest maps (5NA.919.866.AH 1410 ECE1 2020/21) onto my SD card using DiscoverCare.  However,  I haven't been out for a drive yet to see how things are regarding incorrect speed limit displays in the previous update.  I will report back later.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#23 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

Well I've been out for a very short drive and the speed limit in my road is 30mph, but the display on my sat nav is showing 20mph.  Looks like this has not been sorted out since the previous map update.  :headbang:

Update

I've been out again, along a dual carriageway, where the speed limit is 70mph and the sat nav is still displaying 60mph as it did previously.  It would appear that VW still haven't resolved this issue.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#24 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4372 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk2 SEL DSG 2.0 TSI in Black
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

Well I've been out for a very short drive and the speed limit in my road is 30mph, but the display on my sat nav is showing 20mph.  Looks like this has not been sorted out since the previous map update.  :headbang:

Update

I've been out again, along a dual carriageway, where the speed limit is 70mph and the sat nav is still displaying 60mph as it did previously.  It would appear that VW still haven't resolved this issue.

I'll wait then till they sort it.

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#25 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

I'll wait then till they sort it.

You may be waiting a long time Mick.  I've opened a case with VW, but I'm not very optimistic.  They are forwarding it to their Digital Feedback Team!!   :whistle:

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#26 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4372 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk2 SEL DSG 2.0 TSI in Black
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

You may be waiting a long time Mick.  I've opened a case with VW, but I'm not very optimistic.  They are forwarding it to their Digital Feedback Team!!   :whistle:

That could be a very very long time.

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#27 OFFLINE   Farmer1

Farmer1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 TDI DSG
  • Where are you located?:Ireland

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

If you don't get a response from VW you could try going direct to source. The maps are provided by Here. They have their own free navigation app called Here WeGo, which you can download on a smartphone. If they have the wrong speed limit on their own app then its never going to be in corrected in the VW updates.

A friend of mine used to be employed by them, back when it was called Navteq to continuously drive around the country and make those updates. Looks like they may have cut back on resources in that department, as speed limits in my area are now over 2 years out of date.

I found a Here web site where you could suggest speed limit changes your self, but the updates I put in there last year are still not available on the app.

#28 OFFLINE   Farmer1

Farmer1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 TDI DSG
  • Where are you located?:Ireland

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:08 PM

Here is the website that I mentioned where you can check what speed limits Here have for the roads and suggest revisions:

https://mapcreator.h...creator-basics/

Like I said before, I don't have too much faith in this working as I made updates over a year ago and still don't see them in the Here WeGo map.

But it seems Here do intend to allow a degree of crowd sourcing the speed limit data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users