myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

For those of you that are able to receive free map updates, the latest have recently been released. (5NA.919.866. H1115 ECE1 2019/20)

However, for those wanting to update via the app DiscoverCare, there seems to be a problem.  I tried several times, but each time after the data download, it came up with a checksum error and failed.  I have managed to successfully do a manual download and install, from the link below.

https://webspecial.v...maps-download#/

One other point.  The regions are slightly different from previously, so check carefully which you want.  You will see that there are two European Countries Bundle 1.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 08:25 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Sven Arden

Sven Arden

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

For me, there seem to be many more choices given by the DiscoverCare app than the two you mentioned.  For my Discover Pro Gen 2 the VW Discover Care app gives me the following choices:

Europe 1 for Media Gen2

Europe 2 for Media Gen2

Europe

Europe 3 for Media Gen2

Multi Region Map 1 for Media Gen2

Europe DL1 for Media Gen2

Multi Region Map 2 for Media Gen2

Europe DL2 for Media Gen2

Multi Region Map 3 for Media Gen2

Europe DL3 for Media Gen2

Europe DL4 for Media Gen2

Europe AS for Media Gen2

Multi Region Map

Not sure what the correct choice for me is, and there doesn't seem to be much info on Google.  The app default is just 'Europe'.

Rückwärts Durch Technik, if you ask me.

Steve P
Nottinghamshire, UK

Tiguan SEL BiTdi 240 4Motion 2018 Deep Black Pearl  20" Miramar wheels, DynAudio Excite, Discover Nav pro , Winter Pack, Outdoor pack, Keyless entry & Start, Swivelling towball with trailer assist and rear view camera, Ambient lighting pack, Panoramic sunroof with integrated roller blind, Tyre pressure monitoring, Vienna Leather Storm Grey, Electric 12 way adjustable drivers seat, Heated front seats, steering wheel and washer jets, Vodafone Cat5 GPS tracker, 240v socket
(WasTiguan SE TDi 170 4Motion 2010 Deep Black Pearl).

#3 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Sorry I didn't mention all the options earlier, I was just highlighting where the UK came into play.  They've changed the selection names.  If using  DiscoverCare, if you can get it to work, choose Europe 1. If you go into the option to change region and select an option, it shows an outline map of what is covered by each option that you list above.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#4 OFFLINE   Roy03

Roy03

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • My Tiguan:Match 4MT in wild cherry
  • Additional Location Information::West Sussex

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

I'm glad you said if you can get it to work. My download gets to 99% and then freezes/crashes, getting very frustrated.

Roy

Member of the OFC

#5 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:28 AM

One other thing to add to this post, regarding speed limits in certain areas.  On a previous update, a few people had noticed some anomolies.  I have also encountered this on the latest update.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#6 OFFLINE   Sven Arden

Sven Arden

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Do you know why Europe 1 is the correct choice?  I can't seem to find any info on the differences between the various versions.

Steve P
Nottinghamshire, UK

Tiguan SEL BiTdi 240 4Motion 2018 Deep Black Pearl  20" Miramar wheels, DynAudio Excite, Discover Nav pro , Winter Pack, Outdoor pack, Keyless entry & Start, Swivelling towball with trailer assist and rear view camera, Ambient lighting pack, Panoramic sunroof with integrated roller blind, Tyre pressure monitoring, Vienna Leather Storm Grey, Electric 12 way adjustable drivers seat, Heated front seats, steering wheel and washer jets, Vodafone Cat5 GPS tracker, 240v socket

#7 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

The DiscoverCare app doesn't seem to be working, so if you do a manual download from the link in my original post, you will see the difference. Just for reference though here are the options in DiscoverCare.  Start by clicking "refresh" then click "Change Region" to get a different choice.  The ones I've listed here are the only ones with the UK included.

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.42.16.png   61.55KB   6 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.39.08.png   71.92KB   6 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.53.36.png   149.69KB   4 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.39.29.png   107.47KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.40.10.png   126.4KB   6 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.40.37.png   113.63KB   6 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 19.40.58.png   154.06KB   5 downloads

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#8 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan SEL 2ltr TSi

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

I tried to update my Discoverpro. Clear as mud and just went round in circles. Anyone been successful?
New in Sept 2016, SEL , AWD, DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK,
Interests, Christian, Guitar.
( Everything goes to Entropy.... in this Age).

#9 OFFLINE   Roy03

Roy03

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • My Tiguan:Match 4MT in wild cherry
  • Additional Location Information::West Sussex

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:17 AM

I've had no joy. Downloaded eventually, but when I try to install it on my card it keeps coming up with "fail-retry". As you say Beagler, going round in circles. Will try again later.

Roy

Member of the OFC

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

And those of us in the USA seem to have had no updates since 2016, and if we will get an update, it appears we'll pay north of $100 for said update.   Grrrrrrr.....

#11 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

I got to the screen that asked for a VW SD card but I had selected Dicoverpro which is supposed to accept any sd card but wouldnt recognise mine.
New in Sept 2016, SEL , AWD, DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK,

#12 OFFLINE   Sven Arden

Sven Arden

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Warrior, I get different choices and numbers to you when I use the link from your first post. I only have two map choices, European Countries, and non - European Countries, which obviously differs from the VW Discovercare app.   The map version is different to yours as well.

eaf13e1cf215d19c77200e1fa336c46c.jpg21cb929b2d4ab005481e2ab7280e7e38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Steve P
Nottinghamshire, UK

#13 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

The difference is that I have Discover Media, you have Discover Pro.  I think that having the pro with a hard drive, you have the capacity to install the full European map, which I believe is just over 26Gb.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

#14 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

Managed to get it loading onto sd card, hopefully have fettled it now.

UK,

#15 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Ok got the EU map update onto an sd card at last but took 5hrs. When I plug it into car how long can I expect it to take to install?

Ideally I only need UK

UK,

#16 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12156 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

LOL Beagler when I first read your post with my old tired eyes I read "...but took 5yrs". Maybe it seemed like that, eh?

All the best in 2019 mate.

OD

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#17 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

LOL Beagler when I first read your post with my old tired eyes I read "...but took 5yrs". Maybe it seemed like that, eh?
All the best in 2019 mate.
OD

Thanks OD and I hope your forthcoming year will be opulent and contain an abundance of halcyon days

........ or put another way, All the best.

Updating the maps is a bit like piles.................a pain in the bum.

UK,

#18 OFFLINE   Sven Arden

Sven Arden

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

The difference is that I have Discover Media, you have Discover Pro.  I think that having the pro with a hard drive, you have the capacity to install the full European map, which I believe is just over 26Gb.

Well spotted.  That explains the difference.

Steve P
Nottinghamshire, UK

#19 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Ok got the EU map update onto an sd card at last but took 5hrs. When I plug it into car how long can I expect it to take to install?
Ideally I only need UK

Anyone any idea?

UK,

#20 OFFLINE   technodevotee

technodevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 150 SCR Match 2WD Manual

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:22 AM

@warrior

Thanks for this thread.

I left all the settings at default in DiscoverCare and had the same issue as you - it downloaded OK but failed when writing to the card. Extracting the data from the downloaded file to the card manually using 7zip worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users