#1 OFFLINE   SandLake

SandLake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Match TDI 140 DSG BMT 4M
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

I have just bought a new to me Tiguan from a VW dealer and it currently has 39900 miles, I think it is a few more than that but still just under 40000, it'll be over 40000 by the time I get it home. I'm looking for tips on how I can get the dealer to do a DSG oil change before I pick it up. Not entirely clear what DasWeltAuto covers but it's not a fault so probably of no use!

Seems a bit naughty on their part to sell a car which is imminently due routine maintenance.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:45 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Johnny

Johnny

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 2.0 TDI 4motion manual
  • Where are you located?:Germany
  • Additional Location Information::South East Bavaria

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Should have been a condition of purchase ;-)

2010 2.0 TDI 4 Motion 140HP Trend & Fun, slate grey
6 speed manual gear box
215/65/16" Pirelli all-weather tyres
Factory fitted towing hitch, New original center console with 12/240 volt converter fitted (fitted myself)
Rear PDC (fitted myself with VW original parts)
A/C automatic 2 zone

My home town is Melbourne, Australia
Member of OFC.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   SandLake

SandLake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

I missed it then - so where does that leave me

#4 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1343 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

If you haven't got it home yet have you signed the final paperwork? They want the sale as much as you want to buy it, so make it a condition of completing the sale. It's not a great cost to them probably half what they charge you.

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#5 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4306 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk2 SEL DSG 2.0 TSI in Black
  • Additional Location Information::N W Kent the Garden of England

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

I realised when I got home that the stealers hadn't done the DSG or the Haldex service so I rang the salesman and he had it sorted within a week.

Mick

N.W. Kent England2018 Tiguan Mk2 2.0 TSI DSG SEL deep black pearl, Slash cut exhaust tips, chrome Mirror covers, front wing embellishes, Stainless tail gate trim. 2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match P/X'd2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG<p> Member of the OFC

#6 OFFLINE   SandLake

SandLake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

I phoned the dealer and they said it would be taken care of as part of Das Welt Auto but now I have the car I think I have had the wool pulled over my eyes.

At this dealer on 25th January, at 39916 miles it had a service and the DSG Transmission fluid wasn't done, next service was marked as at 50000 miles. I think it should have been done then, it's not much of a VW Service History if it wasn't.

#7 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 5517 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

I am not trying to come off rude, but it really is your responsibility to ask the questions when someone is providing you a service. No matter what the book says, your idea of a "service" is different than what the dealer considers as a "service". Don't blame them for not doing something you consider important that they don't. We see this all the time in the auto industry. Customers do not ask and then when they don't receive what they expected, the shop is blamed for it. We educate our customers to ask the hard questions, demand details and have a record of what was done and offered. When we do a used car pre-purchase inspection we go though this in detail and it amazes me how many people are unaware that they can actually ask questions. 

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#8 OFFLINE   Rory

Rory

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 150TDI 4Motion DSG
  • Additional Location Information::Chester

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

D

I am not trying to come off rude, but it really is your responsibility to ask the questions when someone is providing you a service. No matter what the book says, your idea of a "service" is different than what the dealer considers as a "service". Don't blame them for not doing something you consider important that they don't. We see this all the time in the auto industry. Customers do not ask and then when they don't receive what they expected, the shop is blamed for it. We educate our customers to ask the hard questions, demand details and have a record of what was done and offered. When we do a used car pre-purchase inspection we go though this in detail and it amazes me how many people are unaware that they can actually ask questions. 

Dealers in the UK, and VW dealers have a particular reputation for this, would never miss an opportunity to get the customer to spend more money with them.  Everyone in service at dealerships is targeted and bonused on this.

Few customers understand service schedules and VW don't help themselves as the schedule changes at year 4 - for the first 3 years here the cars get little more than an oil change and some checks.   The schedule and work required is also different depending on whether the car is on fixed interval or variable servicing.

For instance, I've been told air conditioning service is "mandatory" at 2 years, yet try and get the dealers to do the 3rd year brake fluid change as part of the initial discounted service contract and they'll refuse and make you pay extra, saying it's not included as it's a "customer option".

near Chester, UK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users