Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

The Author Takes No Responsibility For Damage or Injury To Person/Persons or Vehicle As A Result Of Following This Guide. Before Connecting Any Electrical Connections Make Sure You Test It First.

To provide or read feedback on this DIY thread, please see the following: http://www.mytiguan....ights-feedback/

I will be using a different method to do my installation i.e., I will be using my own home made repair wire made from a small ISO pin that I soldered to a waterproof fuse holder and use the existing reflectors with an LED module, but I will be utilizing all the connections outlined in the Guide :cool:

Right, as you know, the Tiguan was never intended to have any door lights and just has the stupid reflectors on the door cards.

:starwars: Not sure if this is due to pocket pinching or VW being small minded :whistle: This guide is made to rectify that :twoup:

You will need a Soldering Iron, Solder, 1K0 947 411A is the door warning light X2 or X4 if you are doing all 4 doors @ £11.04, 1J0 971 972 is the connector for the door warning light X2 or X4 if you are doing all the doors ie one per door @ £1.13 Plus vat, Repair wire 000 979 009 E X4 in total for the front doors i.e., 2 per door, Electrical tape and A Ross Tech or similar VagCom device to access the Controllers.

Update as of the 1/10/2013 Bold Sport Red/Hyper White 3D LED & Housing. Note these Bold Sport Lights come with a wiring loom so no need to buy a repair wire.

You need to remove the door card. Please Follow the Door Card Removal Guide http://www.mytiguan....panel-removal/.

Then come back here when you have completed that.

Once you have removed the door card you will see the CanBus controller.

You will need to use your Ross Tech or VagCom device to access the front door controllers, 52 which is Door Elect Pass and 42 which is Door Elect Driver you will need to add a code of 0000064 to each of the front doors. So if started out with 0000958 after adding 0000064 you will get 0001022 Now Pin 18 for door Warning/Puddle lights is active.

You need to disconnect the 32 pin connector depress the locking clip and pull up the violet locking lever it goes from right to left in a 180 degree movement.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073-1.jpg

Cut the cable tie on the 32 pin plug and get a small screw driver or pick to gently pry the lock that stops the white inner block from sliding out.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Now the white inner block will slide out when you pull it with that locking tab gently pried. When done insert your repair wire into Pin 18 of that plug. This is a positive feed so it is advisable to install a fuse on this connection.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078-1.jpg

Continued................................

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Once you have finished the connection in the plug reinsert the white inner block back into the plug cable tie the wires.

IMG_0079-1.jpg

Now insert the plug back into the CanBus Controller and reconnect it by moving the violet tab 180 degrees from left to right.

IMG_0080-2.jpg

Pull back the installation on the thick brown wire this is your earth solder onto it and insulate with electrical tape.

IMG_0049-2.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

I Fitted the LED module that i had into the reflector and secured it with double sided tape as there is no weight to the modules that i am using.

I installed bullet connectors so that they can be easily disconnected should the module fail the puddle light can be disconnected from the door without having to remove the door card :twoup:

IMG_0062-2.jpg

The reflectors are translucent inside out so allow the light to flow from inside out instead of getting reflected like it does from the outside.

IMG_0064-2.jpg

Now sit back and look at your hard work :twoup: It's daylight photo's but there is still projection on the ground so just imagine what its like at night ;-)

IMG_0081-2.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

Got these Bold Sport LED Door Warning lights which come with the loom and the housing

2013-10-01155300.jpg

2013-10-01155252.jpg

Continued...................

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#3 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

A little soldering for me to add my new harness plug

2013-10-01160941.jpg

They fit like a glove

2013-10-01161017.jpg

Build quality is awesome and the light they give off is brilliant.

2013-10-01170419.jpg

Let the light shine

2013-10-01172347.jpg

These Bold Sport Door warning lights will see heads turn  :cool:

• likes this

UPGRADES:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.